Chapter 7 - Through Music

‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾ CHOI HANEUL ☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙

Two days passed after Valentine's and still, Heeseung changed. He talks to me but just whenever it was needed for classes.

He never came to school with Yeonjun and me as well.

I don't know what happened, everything was fine before Valentine's—perfect, even.

Did I do something wrong?

Did he feel tired waiting for me?

Or was does he find me boring now since I'm getting closer to him?

Maybe he only likes the thrill of me not minding him.

Was I getting too comfortable?

Did I expect too much?

My train of thought as to why he was acting this way was never-ending. But I had one thing that I couldn't get off my mind.

As I sat on my desk and could see him in my peripheral view, I couldn't help but feel as though maybe I was right with what I originally thought of him.

That maybe Heeseung was just playing with me.

I didn't show my disappointment though. I went ahead and tended to my day as though it was a normal day. As though I wasn't thinking about anything like that at all.

Of course, I'm sure that our group of friends has noticed Heeseung's strange change of behavior towards me but no one ever talked about it.

Not even a single playful teasing.

Which was definitely weird in our circle.

The day went by that way, with me just trying to focus on classes and forgetting any thoughts I might have about how Heeseung has been acting.

Failing miserably with that goal but still trying to do so.

As I sat on the couch watching television after school, Yeonjun sat beside me.

"You okay?" He asked but by the looks of it, he already knew the answer to it.

I looked at him and gave him a lip tight smile. He laughed and moved closer, "It's Heeseung, huh?"

"Did he tell you anything? Did I do something?" I looked at him with pleading eyes. Hopeful that maybe Heeseung said something to his closest friend.

He remains the same with them so I was optimistic.

"I'm sorry, bubba. But we never really opened the topic, it feels awkward to do so." He said. "Do you want me to ask him?"

I shook my head trying not to get emotional over something so trivial. But my brother could see right through me.

"If it really bothers you, I could talk to him. You know I'd choose you over anything and anyone." He gave me his famous assuring smile.

I didn't want him to confront Heeseung about it. I mean it was fine. If he decides to do that I shouldn't be bothered, right?

It's normal to lose interest in someone you're pursuing once the hype is gone or when you decide that it's not worth continuing anymore.