Chapter 19 - Is It Worth It?

(A/N: I had such a hard time writing Heeseung's side with this chapter because cheating can never be justified by anything, not alcohol, not frustrations, nothing. There are no excuses for cheating.)

‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾ LEE HEESEUNG ☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙

"Haneul!"

I screamed at the top of my lung as I saw Yeonjun drove the car away as fast as he could just right after Haneul stepped on.

I ran my hands through my hair as I fell into the deep realization of what I have done. I was influenced by alcohol but I knew what I was doing.

And I didn't know why I did that. I lost the ability to think properly and I gave into frustrations and temptations and there is no excuse for what I did.

I knew I was wrong.

My eyes started to water as my heart broke at the thought of losing Haneul.

"Dude, what the fuck? " I heard Seon's loud curse as he caught up to me. "Are you seriously going to chase after Yeonjun's sister?"

I glared at him irritated with the sudden harshness in his voice. "That was my girlfriend."

He laughed in my face which only made me even more frustrated. His presence seemed much more irritating to me now.

He smirked at my reactions, "It didn't look like it a second ago when you were making out with..." He stopped not knowing what to say or what name to mention, "whoever that is."

I remember the girl that was with me earlier. I didn't know who that was.

All I know was that I had a lot of drinks because I wanted to be relaxed before being with Haneul's family.

But then one drink led to more, then all I remembered was that I was making out with someone. I thought it was Haneul but when I heard my name uttered by her voice, I knew I fucked up.

"Plus, as far as I heard, she isn't your girlfriend anymore." He snickered.

We're done.

I remembered Haneul's voice. How her voice breaks because of her sniffles and tears. Her face still looking magnificent as she cried.

Everything about that image of her in my head and the cries that left her mouth broke everything inside of me.

I feel physical pain as I remembered.

"Fuck, what have I done?" I muttered to no one but myself. Guilt was going to kill me, I knew it.

"You cheated on your girlfriend, dude. Happens." He shrugged as if what I did was so normal.

As if breaking the heart of the woman I love was nothing but a mistake that I could just say sorry to.

I paced back and forth as I realized what I did. Running my fingers through my hair in resentment.

I had to think of a way to explain myself
To ask for forgiveness, I can't let her go like that. I knew I did wrong but I had to do something about it.

"Heeseung, it's fine. It's not like she's all that." Seon started speaking again as he saw me getting aggravated.

He resulted in insulting Haneul. I looked back at him in annoyance.

"She isn't worth it." He uttered.

I glared at him as I processed what he just said, "What the fuck did you just say?"