Chapter Forty Six - Dinner with the In-Laws

Real quick, I'm so sorry for this late chapter! I'm ngl, while I knew where I wanted this chapter to go, I lowkey struggled to get to that point. That's basically what I've done for every chapter. Anyway, I'll let you enjoy this chapter.

ALSO DISCLAIMER! THIS CHAPTER INCLUDES THE MENTION OF A TOXIC, MANIPLULATIVE RELATIONSHIP AND A SLIGHT IMPLICATION OF SEXUAL ABUSE. IF THIS TOPIC DISTURBS YOU, FEEL FREE TO SKIP IT. IF NEEDED, I WILL HAPPILY GIVE ANY CONTEXT CLUES YOU MAY MISS.

"Baku-honey!" Hina exclaimed as she ran into the common area. "That's a new one." Mina muttered to Kaminari, as to not anger Bakugou. "Baku-what?" He asked as she jumped next to him on the sofa. "Never mind that, are you free tomorrow evening?" She asked, an obvious aura of energy and excitement around her. "Yeah, why?" He asked. "Well, since it's a Saturday, my siblings have arranged to go out to eat, our first dinner together in AGES, and my brother has asked you to come!" She exclaimed. Bakugou squinted his eyes. "Which brother?" He asked, his only experience with her brothers mainly being Ryu. "Takashi." She said, to no real shock from him. "You'll be fine. We're going to the new restaurant that opened in town, it's kinda near where Mic lives." He couldn't help but smile at her excitement. "You've adjusted to your new quirk well, I see. So full of energy." He chuckled. "I'm just really excited. You get to meet my family. It's a big step in our relationship." She said. "Well, how can I say no if you're so excited?" She squealed at his answer. "You say you'll go as if you had a choice." She sneered. "And I know that you guys will still have lessons tomorrow so if you feel like you'll be too tired, that's fine." He scoffed at her comment. "What? Nah, I'll be fine. What time do we have to leave?"

She smiled at his enthusiasm. "Well, the table's booked for 7:00 so we can leave around 6:30. Anyway, I'm gonna have take a nap before dinner so just text me if you need anything." She said before giving him a kiss on the cheek and walking to the girl's elevator. "Aww, Baku-honey meeting the in-laws for the first time?" Mina pouted as she slid next to him. "Look at our Baku-honey, all grown up." Kaminari joined her, wiping away fake tears. "If you don't shut up and move away from me in the next ten seconds, I'm blowing your asses up." He growled. "Ten seconds? You're feeling awfully generous." Mina smiled, moving closer to him. "Fine, five seconds." He said. "Nah, it's too late, lover boy. You're becoming what you most fear." Kaminari said, resting his head on Bakugou's shoulder, Mina following suit on his other. "Nice." Kaminari pouted, fluttering his eyelashes. Bakugou rolled his eyes and stood up. "You're saying I'm becoming nice as if I'm not already. If I weren't nice, I would've killed you morons months ago." He groaned as he walked off to his room. Mina and Kaminari just looked at each other. "I mean, he kinda has a point with that one but he has definetly changed. He's much nicer, that's for sure." Mina said, laying down on Kaminari's lap.

~~~ The Next Day ~~~

Mina and Jirou walked out the elevator, on their way to Mina's room. Before they could reach her door, the door to Hina's room opened. "Hina! I love what you're wearing!" Mina squealed. Hina was wearing a short one-piece jumpsuit with flowers scattered over it. "Thanks. I just hope tonight goes smoothly." She said, playing with one of her braids. "It'll be fine. If it's Bakugou you're worried about, I'm sure he has basic manners when it comes to other families and restaurants." Jirou reassured. "Yeah, I know. He did promise me he would behave better, in general, a while back so that's not really what I'm worried about. But thanks. I have to go so I'll talk to you guys later." She smiled as she ran to the elevator. "She's definetly nervous about something. I hope it goes well for her." Mina sighed before they headed to her room. As Hina walked into the common room, she caught the eyes of her classmates. "Hina, you're looking nice today." Shoji said as he looked away from the TV. "He is right, you are dressed quite wonderfully." Iida added. "Thanks guys." Hina blushed. "Excited for your date tonight, huh?" Uraraka asked as she walked up to Hina and nudged her. "It's not a date, my brother just invited us to a dinner with the rest of my siblings."