The Unity

Everyone was lined up at the cliff of Beacon that overlooked a forest. Some were nervous, some were ready. Jace, BJ, Shelly, Jonas, Sonny, and a bunch of other students stood on silver tiles in front of a mug-holding Professor Ozpin and Glynda with her tablet.

Ozpin: For years, you have trained to become warriors, and today, your abilities will be evaluated in the Emerald Forest.

BJ was excited, especially because he was a dog Faunus, he could finally get some sunshine.

BJ: Alright then! Bring it!

Glynda: Now, I'm sure many of you have heard rumors about the assignment of "teams." Well, allow us to put an end to your confusion. Each of you will be given teammates... today.

Ozpin: These teammates will be with you for the rest of your time here at Beacon, so it is in your best interest to be paired with someone with whom you can work well. That being said, the first person you make eye contact with after landing will be your partner for the next four years.

Suddenly, there's a comedic record scratch.

BJ: Hold up, what you jus' say, big boss?

Jonas pats him on the back.

Jonas: He means that we gotta choose wisely and we're not assigned.

BJ: Oh great.

Ozpin: After you've partnered up, make your way to the northern end of the forest. You will meet opposition along the way. Do not hesitate to destroy everything in your path... or you WILL die.

Jace: Great, we're gonna be put through Hell.

Ozpin: Now now, Mr. Lavender. This is not Hell. You will be monitored and graded through the duration of your initiation, but our instructors will not intervene. You will find an abandoned temple at the end of the path containing several relics. Each pair must choose one and return to the top of the cliff. We will regard that item, as well as your standing, and grade you appropriately. Are there any questions?

Everyone was as silent as crickets as they stood still. Jaune raises his hand.

Jaune: Yeah, um, sir?

Ozpin: Good! Now, take your positions.

Everyone stands on a tile and strikes a pose. Nora crouches low, Ren wields his weapons, Yang raises her fists, Ruby readies her body, Jace draws his sword and stabs it into the ground, BJ does a break-dance move and has both feet on the edge of the tile, Shelly takes out Rekka Daizantou and stands on it like a surfboard, Jonas takes out Bull Riot and readies it in its sheath, and Sonny tips his cowboy hat.

BJ: Hey buddy!

Jaune looks over at him.

BJ: Don't be an ass.

Soon enough, one by one, each student gets catapulted from the tiles.

Jaune: So, what exactly is a landing strateGYYYYYYYYYYY!

He gets hurled with the cloud of students now making their way down into the forest.

Jonas: So are we gonna do this thing?

BJ: Totally, dawg! LEZ GO!

As soon as Jace gets launched into the sky, so does BJ, Shelly, Jonas, and Sonny.

Shelly: FLYIN' TO THE HEAVENS!

Sonny: HERE WE GOOOO!

Meanwhile, Ruby crashes into a bird and plummets into the green trees.

Ruby: Birdie, nooooooo~!

She begins to fire her scythe as it hooks onto a tree and swings her to safety. Weiss, armed with Myrtenaster, summons a white snowflake circle under her and leaps off of it into the forest below. Ren descends and spins in the air, eventually using StormFlower's blades to spiral around the trunk of a large tree and hit the ground, brushing off his clothes before looking up to see Yang and the 5 colorful teens rush by like a rainbow.