Chapter 10: All are Welcome

This was a request in Lion Guard moments by AdanyaCollier8

It was nighttime at the Tree of Life and everyone was asleep...except for one animal. Nirmala was slowly creeping out of the tree, trying to leave. Since she was fully heal, she thought she should leave undetected so to not bother the Night Pride if she stayed any longer.

"Nirmala?" The lioness froze in her tracks when a deep male voice caught her, one she recognized. The lioness turned her head around and saw Surak approaching her. He actually looked a little surprise to see her walking off.

"Surak. I'm sorry. I was trying to leave quietly so I wouldn't wake anyone up. Sorry if I woke you" Nirmala apologized, her ears down and smiling shyly. "It's alright. Besides, I was already on patrol. But why are you leaving?" Surak asked her, confused on why she was trying to leave.

Nirmala looked away from him "Well it's just that Janna already healed me and the pride already helped me so I don't want to burden you by staying any longer" Nirmala confessed to him. She felt a little guilty for not telling anyone that she was leaving, especially Surak.

She was about to turn and leave "Where do you plan on going?" Surak asked her, wondering. Nirmala looked down on the ground, thinking unsure and stayed silent. She actually had no idea where to go or what she was gonna do. The thought actually scared her. Nirmala had been wondering around before the Night Pride rescued her.

Surak noticed the long silence and saw the unsureness and fear in her eyes. "Do you pride you can return to?" He asked her and finally Nirmala looked at him in his eyes. "No" she admitted. "I have no idea where to go" she said worriedly.

"Nirmala" Surak said her name calmly and his deep yet calming and relaxed voice made Nirmala feel relax. "Here at the Tree of Life, we take in the weak, sick, the injured...and even the lost. Our job is help and protect all those that come. Even you Nirmala" Surak explained to her and Nirmala looked at him a little surprised. Surak smiled at her.

"So when my mother healed you and welcomed you, she meant your welcome to stay at the Tree of life. So your not burdening us Nirmala" Surak told her and she felt a little relieved and touched.

"Besides, my niece and nephew seem to like you alot" Surak added playfully and Nirmala chuckled. She had to admit though, Rani and Bailyo were pretty fun. Those two cubs actually begged her to stay with them longer.

She looked at Surak, smiling and feeling better. "So should we get you back inside and get some rest?" Surak offered her and Nirmala thought about it. Nirmala didn't had anywhere to go and plus the Night Pride were really kind to her.

Nirmala smiled and looked at him "I guess I should get some sleep" she said and Surak smiled, happy that she decided to stay. Nirmala walked back into the tree but when she noticed Surak didn't come with her, she turned her head around and saw him walking away from the tree.

"Surak where you going? Aren't you going to rest?" She asked him. Surak turned his head around to look at her. "I'm on patrol. I have to make sure no danger comes to the Tree of Life. But don't worry. I'll come back to rest soon" Surak explained to her. He smiled at her reassuringly and she smiled at him. The lioness went back inside the Tree of Life while Surak walked off for his patrol.