Chapter 2: The New Lioness

At first everything was black and when her eyes open, it was a bit blurry for Nirmala until her vision cleared up. Her head was hurting a bit but she could clearly see that wherever she was, it looked like the inside of a tree and there were some kind of plant buds glowing green, Nirmala felt a cold surface on her fur and she realized she was resting on a large rock.

She slowly lifted her head and she winced her eyes shut from the pain that came back to her head and body, she scanned the place wondering how she got here in the first place, last thing Nirmala remember was falling into the river and being swept with it...and seeing someone before she blacked out.

"Oh good your awake" her ears twitched at a female voice and she spotted a lioness approaching. In panic, Nirmala bolted up on her feet but she completely regretted it when the pain slammed into her head and she groaned in pain from it.

"It's ok. I'm not gonna hurt you" the lioness told her, rushing to her with her paws on the rock that Nirmala was on. She could see Nirmala was confused and scared, Nirmala saw she was being friendly and she started to relax, her breathing returned to its normal pace. "It's alright. You're safe now. My name is Ãnanda" she introduced herself, she had light brown fur with a creamy colored muzzled and underbelly, pale yellow eyes with orange irises and three brown spots under her eyes.

"N-Nice to meet you Ãnanda. I'm Nirmala. Where am I?" Nirmala asked scanning the place once more "You are in the Tree of Life" her head quickly turn back to Ãnanda where was, she heard another voice, this time a male. A male lion was making his way over to the two lionesses and from the look of it to Nirmala, he was definitely the serious type.

He had the same fur color as Ãnanda, yellow eyes with dark red irises and his mane was large and pointed upwards with a piece of fur sticking out from the bottom and it look he had light brown stripes in his mane too. Nirmala blushed a bit, she found herself staring at him and he looked strong but as he got closer she realized something.

"You. Your the lion I saw before I passed out" she said surprised as she stood up on paws "And your the lioness I saw passed out. I'm glad to see you awake" he offered a gentle smile to her, Nirmala felt relaxed as she climbed down from the rock, she felt her cheeks warm up and she smiled nervously at him. Ãnanda chuckled as she joined Nirmala's side.

"Surak you should be more careful. You could've spooken our new visitor" Ãnanda teased him before she turn to face Nirmala again "this is Surak. My brother in law" she introduced him and Nirmala looked at him feeling shy to meet a lion like Surak, she felt like he was definitely the strong and fierce type of lion. "It is nice to meet you Nirmala" she looked at him and felt comfortable smiling at him, he seemed so calm and relaxed.

Surak turned to Ãnanda " Janna wants to be sure that Nirmala is alright" Ãnanda looked at Nirmala and smiled reassuringly at her before turning back to Surak "She just has a small cut on her arm, nothing serious but we should get it healed" Añanda informed him and Nirmala stared at her puzzled. 'cut? What cut?' Nirmala questioned in her head and she looked at her arm, she was surprised to find a small red cut on her arm, she must have gotten in when she was in the river.

"Come with me Nirmala. I'll take you to Janna, she can help you" Ãnanda told her excited as the three lions left the tree to find Janna.