Chapter 11: Cubs Playing and Teasing

This was also a request in Lion Guard moments from @sarah8433

Surak was coming back from patrol with his brother Sãhasí. "How is Rani doing?" Surak asked his brother concerned. But Sãsahí smiled at him with reassurance "She's alright. Rani is strong. We just have to keep an eye on her more" he said, the last part teasing. Surak chuckled but then his ears perked at some laughter and he looked over.

It was Nirmala lying with the siblings, Rani and Bailyo were play fighting while Nirmala watched and laughed. Surak smiled at this. His brother noticed and smirked at him. "You know brother, me and Añanda are going hunting and Nirmala could use some help to watch two cubs. You should help her" he suggested and Surak stared at him surprised.

"But what about the hunt?" Surak asked, wanting to help his brother. "Don't worry about it. Me and Añanda can handle it" Sãhasí assured him and Surak was going to say more but his brother beat him too it. "As king of the Tree of Life, I ordered you to help Nirmala watch my cubs" Sãhasí said teasingly. Surak chuckled at his brother "Alright" he agreed and walked off to the lioness while his brother left for the hunt.

Meanwhile, the cub siblings chased eachother around so much that Nirmala had to stand up as they ran around her legs. Nirmala chuckled at them "Come on you two slow down. You're gonna get tired" she told them laughing. "No way! I gotta show Rani that I am strong" Bailyo said confident and tried to pounce on his sister but Rani moved out of the way and her brother bumped into Nirmala's paw.

Rani smirked at her brother "Rani. Don't tease your brother" Surak's voice came up and all three looked and spotted him coming their way. "Surak. Namaste" Nirmala said, happy to see him. Surak nodded to her and he looked at Rani sternly. Rani crouched down low.

"Rani you should be resting" he reminded her and the cub lifted her left arm. A scar had begun to form on it. "But it doesn't hurt anymore. Mom already healed it" Rani told him. Surak stared at her with a raised eyebrow and Rani's ears lowered. Nirmala decided to get between them "Come on Rani. It's time for your bath. Come here" she said as she gathered the cub in her paws and started licking her fur clean.

Surak turned his attention to Bailyo and crouched down, smirking. "Come Bailyo. Show me your strength" Surak challenged his nephew playfully. "Yeah!" Bailyo said excited and his uncle let him pounce on him. Surak chuckled at his nephew, holding him in his paws as Bailyo pulled his ear, laughing. Nirmala smiled at Surak and giggled at the playful side he was showing.

Rani noticed the way Nirmala smiled at her uncle and a sneaky smirk came up on her face. "Hey Uncle Surak" Rani asked, moving a bit so Nirmala adjusted her paws so that Rani can move freely.

"Yes Rani" Surak responded looking at her upside down while holding Bailyo, the cub looked at his sister curiously. "Do you like Nirmala?" Rani asked curiously yet teasingly and Nirmala stared at the cub wide eye, her jaw dropping and she looked at Surak.

Surak stared at his niece surprised by that question. He didn't see it coming. "Well um I guess so" Surak said unsure. Nirmala was nice but they still didn't know eachother well. The lioness had only been around since yesterday so Surak still didn't know her well enough.

Nirmala suddenly felt worried. 'What's going on? Why did I suddenly feel worried when Surak said that?' Nirmala wondered in her head concerned. "Hmmm" Rani didn't seem pleased with her uncle's answer and she looked at Nirmala. "What do you think of my uncle Nirmala? Do you like him?" She asked and Nirmala blushed pink, more shocked than before.

"Me?" She asked, hoping Rani wasn't really asking her. "Yes" Rani said and Nirmala really wanted to vanish. Surak rolled over so he was no longer upside down, curious on what could happen next. Bailyo climbed up on his mane and watched curiously.

Nirmala looked anywhere but Surak, Rani and Bailyo's eyes, trying to think of an answer. "Well I don't know. I mean I've only known Surak since yesterday. I mean he's nice" Nirmala answered nervously and fast. Rani was actually amused and giggled.

"I think one day is enough to know someone right?" She asked wickedly, having fun with this. Nirmala looked down, feeling something grow in her. Why did her heart race suddenly? Why was she so nervous from the questions Rani asked her? Nirmala was so confused and nervous.

"Rani" Surak said her name sternly and annoyed as he stood up. Bailyo got off his uncle and whispered "uh oh" knowing his sister was in trouble. Rani got quiet and her ears lowered. "That's enough. Why don't you two go played with the other baby animals? Understood?" Surak said and the siblings nodded "Yes uncle Surak" they both said and ran off. Nirmala sighed relieved but she noticed Surak standing in front of her.

"Sorry about that" he apologized to her, feeling sorry what Rani put her through. "It's ok. They're cubs. Can you blame them?" Nirmala assured him and Surak smiled at her, pleased to her she was alright. He walked off but once he had his back turn, Nirmala thought about Rani's questions.

About liking Surak. 'Is that what those feelings were? Am I falling for Surak? No way' Nirmala wondered in her head surprised. They didn't know eachother that long. But when she looked back at Surak, she smiled at him. 'Yep there's no denying it' she told herself in her head before deciding to take a cat nap.