Chapter 4: Getting Healed

In the Journey of Memories episode, Janna is a little bit younger when Makini was a baby so in this fanfic she's a bit more younger

Nirmala and the pride made their way to a tree but this tree was actually much larger than all the other ones Nirmala saw. Nirmala awed at how huge it was and wondered if that could probably be the home for Añanda, Sãhasí and their cubs plus Surak. As they entered inside, the tree was hallow and wide. Nirmala suddenly felt small inside it.

Her ears twitched at some echoes and she looked ahead. Rani and Bailyo were chasing eachother and laughing and growling so it was echoing in the tree. Nirmala smiled, fond of the cuteness.

Then, the lioness noticed something ahead of them. At the center, she could see glowing plant buds hanging from the roof of the tree and she saw a large flat stone on the ground in the center...and it wasn't empty.

There was a lioness, resting on it. She had the same light brown and cream color fur as the rest of the pride did, green eyes and dark brown spots on her too. From Nirmala's guess, she looked to be much older but still strong to hunt and fight.

"Namaste mother" Sãhasí said kindly, smiling at his mother. The old lioness smiled at them gently. "Namaste my son. And to you too Añanda my daughter" she replied kindly and Añanada bowed her head in respect. "Namaste Surak" she told Surak who bowed his head too "Good morning mother" he said respectfully but he didn't smile.

"Grandma!" Rani and Bailyo said excited and ran to hef. The old lioness chuckled at her grand cubs as they ran into her paws and she nuzzled them sweetly. "Hello Rani and Bailyo. Nice to see my young prince and princess" she told them, giving each one a lick.

"Alright you two, come back here, easy on your grandmother" Sãhasí told them playfully and the cubs ran back to him. "Mother we brought the lioness we rescued last night. She needs healing" Surak informed her and the lioness looked at Nirmala's direction. Nirmala froze and had her eyes and head down.

The lioness smiled at Nirmala "Namaste to you too my dear" she told her kindly. "Nirmala this is Janna. My mother and the previous queen of the Tree of Life" Sãhasí introduced his mom. "Now that we have met, let us heal you" Janna said but Nirmala was nervous and stood still.

"It's alright my dear. You have nothing to fear. Come" Janna assured her gently and Nirmala actually felt relieved by her words. She catiously approached the old lioness and got close to the stone. She lifted her head up to the old lioness. That's when Nirmala noticed something. There's was some kinda blue mark on Janna's forehead. She wondered what it was doing there. It couldn't be her marking so what it is she wondered.

"Añanda how strong is the hurt in her?" She asked Añanda. "Just a small cut Janna but when I felt it last night, it's almost like something got inside" she informed her. Janna looked back at Nirmala. "Lift her paw up my dear" Janna instructed her and Nirmala lifted her arm.

Janna placed her paw on the cut and closed her eyes. Nirmala wondered what was going to happening. And then, a bright green light illuminated and Nirmala saw the plant buds were glowing suddenly. Nirmala awed in amazement and suddenly felt something. She felt a very strong, refreshing and warm energy being transferred inside her.

Janna then hummed in thinking "Añanada. Come help me. Bring your paw on mine" she asked, her eyes still staying closed. Añanda walked up to her mother in law, her cubs watched in amazement and curiousty while staying close to their father. Añanda came and set her paw on Janna's and she also closed her eyes.

Nirmala felt more of that energy coming and she was completely in awe. Then, she noticed the glow of the buds dimming and they returned back to their normal glow. Añanda and Janna removed their paws off of Nirmala's arm and to Nirmala's amazement and surprise, the cut was gone like it was never there.

She looked at the old lioness in amazement and at Añanada who smirked at her, finding her expression amusing. She looked back at Janna who opened her eyes and smiled at her.

"You are healed my dear" Janna told her and Nirmala smiled at her. "Thank you Janna" she said grateful. Añanda got up on another rock near Janna and Sãhasí joined his mate by her side, the two looked noble and strong as the rulers they are. Nirmala looked at the king and queen and realized something too. Añanda and Sãhasí also had a blue marking on their foreheads too.

Nirmala shook her head to stop staring at them too long and cleared her throat. "Thank you Janna. Um I better get going" she told them and everyone stared at surprised.

"Nirmala, you just got healed and had to be rescued from a rushing stream last night. You need to rest" Añanda advised her gently but serious. "But I can't..." Nirmala wanted to argue that she couldn't stay. "Nirmala" Janna said her name and Nirmala looked at her.

Janna held her paw out to show something. Nirmala looked at it and squinting her eyes she saw a small piece of wood resting on Janna's paw pad. It must have gotten stuck inside when she got cut by the branch. "What is small can actually be deeper inside" Janna advised her.

"Please stay with us Nirmala" Bailyo pleaded with Nirmala and she looked down. The cubs had the big baby cub eyes and Nirmala chuckled at them. "I guess I can stay longer" Nirmala said and the cubs cheered excited. The Night Pride smiled, happy that Nirmala was staying. "Come on! We'll show you around" Rani told her as the cubs dragged her by her fur and Nirmala followed the cubs outside while Surak watched them leave.

"Surak" his brother called him and Surak turned to look at him. "Watch over Nirmala.Make her feel welcome" he instructed him. "Of course brother. Alavida" he said, bowing down before leaving the Tree of Life.

Namaste means hello and alavida means goodbye in hindi