STARTING THE POTION

Narrator Pov:
Before Justin was attacked:
"I told Justin to hide up in our dormitory. I mean to say, if Potter's marked him down as the next victim, it's best if he keeps a low profile for a while. Of course, Justin's been waiting for something like this to happen ever since he let slip to Boy Potter that he was Muggle-born. Justin told him he'd been down for Eton. That's not the kind of thing you bandy about with Slytherin's heir on the loose, is it?"

"You think it is one of the Potters, then, Ernie?" said a girl with blonde pigtails anxiously.

"Or both, Hannah," said the stout boy solemnly, "They are Parselmouth's. Everyone knows that's the mark of a Dark wizard. Have you ever heard of a decent one who could talk to snakes? They called Slytherin himself Serpent-tongue."

There was some heavy murmuring at this, and Ernie went on, "Remember what was written on the wall? Enemies of the Heir, Beware. Girl-Potter had had multiple sorts of run-ins with Filch. Next thing we know, Filch's cat's attacked. That first year, Creevey, was annoying Boy Potter at the Quidditch match, taking pictures of him while he was lying in the mud. Next thing we know — Creevey's been attacked."

"They both have always seemed so nice, though," said Hannah uncertainly, "and, well, he's the one who made You-Know-Who disappear. He can't be all bad, can he?" Ernie lowered his voice mysteriously, the Hufflepuffs bent closer, and Amelia edged nearer so that he could catch Ernie's words.

"No one knows how he survived that attack by You-Know-Who. I mean to say, he was only a baby when it happened. He should have been blasted into smithereens. Only a really powerful Dark wizard could have survived a curse like that." He dropped his voice until it was barely more than a whisper, and said, "That's probably why You-Know-Who wanted to kill him in the first place. Didn't want another Dark Lord competing with him. I wonder what other powers Potter's been hiding?"

Amelia couldn't take anymore. Clearing his throat loudly, she stepped out from behind the bookshelves. If she hadn't been feeling so angry, she would have found the sight that greeted her hilarious: Every one of the Hufflepuffs looked as though they had been Petrified by the sight of her, and the color was draining out of Ernie's face.

"Hello," said Amelia, smirking. "I'm looking for Justin Finch-Fletchley."

The Hufflepuffs' worst fears had been confirmed. They all looked fearfully at Ernie.

"What do you want with him?" said the pure-blood, Ernie in a frightened voice.

"I wanted to tell him what happened with that snake at Dueling Club," said Amelia.

Ernie bit his white lips and then, taking a deep breath, said, "We were all there. We saw what happened."

"Then you noticed that after Harry and I spoke to it, the snake backed off?" said Amelia taking a step closer.

"All I saw," said Ernie stubbornly, trembling as he spoke, "as you and Harry speaking Parseltongue and chasing the snake toward Justin."

"I didn't chase it at him!" Amelia said, her voice with anger. "It didn't even touch him."

"It was a very near miss," said Ernie. "And in case you're getting ideas," he added hastily, "I might tell you that you can trace my family back through nine generations of witches and warlocks, and my blood's as pure as anyone's, so —"

"I don't care what sort of blood you've got," said Amelia disgusted. "It will turn filthy."

Ernie audibly gasped, and then she adds, "Why would I even want to attack Muggle-borns?"

"I've heard you hate those Muggles you live with," said Ernie swiftly.

"It's not possible to live with the Dursleys and not hate them," said Amelia. "I'd like to see your pure-blood try it." She turned on her heel and stormed out of the library.

Amelia pov
We were all sitting in the girls' bathroom, except Ron, who was standing up. Harry was sitting down with his legs up and his arms on his legs. I and Hermione were sitting down, legs crossed.

"Okay, we need these last two ingredients," Hermione says. "We can try to get them from Snape's class. Does anyone have an idea?"

Harry and I looked at each other and smirked.

"Well, you two know something. Spit it out!"

Harry and I take fireworks out of our pockets, "Got it from George and Fred."

"We can use the fireworks," Harry says, then looking at me, "and maybe the smoke bomb if we need it."

"Okay, and I will sneak into his office and get the ingredients," Hermione says. "Ron, you will keep on the lookout, Amelia, make sure Snape has to leave the classroom."

_________________________________
We had to get together in potions class for a project.

"Okay, Parkinson and Girl Potter, Malfoy, and Boy Potter," Harry and I looked at each other, annoyed and disappointed. "Weasley and Zabini, Granger and Greengrass, Longbottom and Nott."

The list went on, I sat next to Pansy Parkinson, who hates me.

"Everyone will be making a different potion. The one you will be making is on the parchment I gave you. Now get started!"
I grabbed the parchment and looked at it,It was a potion to make things smaller. I went to grab one of the ingredients on the table but Pansy took it first.

"Give me that."

She laughed,"no."

"We need it for our potion," I scoffed, lifting my hand up and grabbing it from her.

We had finally finish our potion and snape went around checking them. He then started explaining our homework and Pansy kept on talking about my friends, weird she didn't say anything about me. I finally had enough. I gripped my wand in my hand, doing the small motion, whispering a spell and our potion blew up and her body parts started to shrink.

Snape and Parkinson both walked out the class. Harry, Hermione and Ron stared. I reached into my pocket on my robe and let go of the smoke bomb, it blew up and smoke flew all over, Harry set a firework off and one of the cauldrons fell over.

I snuck under the desk and pushed crabbe and he fell over and landed in the potion,I laughed quietly and stood back up. Hermione had snuck into Professor Snape's office and came back out, the ingredients shoved into her pocket with out anyone noticing, the students were all to worried about the potion getting on them and the smoke.

Some people ran out the class. Me,Harry,Ron and Hermione all ran to the girls bathroom. I added the last ingredients in and stirred it.

"Now, all we have to do is make a plan on how to get them asleep." Ron says.

"We should get back to class," Hermione says.

"Snape is gonna fry us in a cauldron." Ron mutters as we exit.

"more like skin us alive." Harry adds

"He's going to do both!" They said at the same time.

"We will be fine, just hurry!" I say.

We all ran back to class, no one was outside so we walked inside.

"where were you three?"

"we went to check on Parkinson, we were so worried for my new friend!" I said with a smile.

He paused and looked at Ron,Hermione and Harry and then back at me, he sighed, "Who caused this racket in my class room!"

No one had said anything.

He yells, "Once I find who did it, I will make sure they will get expelled!"

I whispered to Harry,"Dramatic much."

He quietly laughed and went back to a straight face so Professor Snape wouldn't notice.

1303 words