New Beginnings

I ran downstairs to find my mom hugging a man. Jake stood behind me. When the man turned around, I soon recognized him.

"DAD!" I yelled and ran to him for a hug.

"Hi Brige!" He spoke while hugging me tight. These were the first words I had heard from my father in a long time.

"I missed you so much!" I choked out due to the tears running down my face.

"I missed you too!" I hugged him tighter.

During the hug I looked out the window to see Luke driving away.

After another minute of hugging I let go. My dad turned to look to Jake. "Hello son." was all that my father said to Jake. He was stern and serious. The first one to move was Jake, he began to go back up the stairs without a single word.

Jake's steps were quiet as he disappeared into his room. When he was out of sight, I turned to see my parents hugging again. That was when I decided to go check on Jake.

I headed up the stairs and knocked on Jake's bedroom door,"It's me." I spoke softly. The door opened and Jake let me in before shutting the door again. "What was that?" I asked referring to the stare down that my brother and father had just moments ago.

"I don't know why he's suddenly back." Jake said sounding angry.

"Aren't you happy that he's back? You guys were always really close."

"You don't know what he did, do you?" Jake said with an evil grin.

"You know what, I don't want to know right now. I just want to enjoy my father while he's home because I haven't seen him in a long time and you should to. Even if he did do something, you don't have to be a jerk!" I stormed out of Jake's room and went into my room.

When I got to my room, I looked on my bed to see my phone. Now that I got my phone back, I decided to check my messages. The first one I see is from Luke.

Luke 😘: Hey. Everything alright now? Who was that guy?

Him checking up on me made me smile and I replied.

Brigitte 😝😍: Hi, yes everything is fine. That guy is actually my dad!!

Luke 😘: That's good right?

Brigitte 😝😍: Yes! I haven't seen him in a very long time!

Luke 😘: Yay! I'm happy for you!

Brigitte 😝😍: Thank you! Also thank you for following us to my house and watching out for me!

Luke 😘: Of course, I don't want to lose you and I knew you didn't want to go.

Brigitte 😝😍: Aw, you don't wanna lose me!

Luke 😘: You made it sappy, that's not how it was supposed to be.

Brigitte 😝😍: I know, it's just cute.

Luke 😘: Now you're just being a flirt.

Brigitte 😝😍: I am not!! You are!

Luke 😘: Sure! Oh are you still moving now that your dad is back??

Brigitte 😝😍: Oh! I have no idea...

~Author's Note~
This chapter probably sucked. I'm sorry! I wanted to get a new chapter up because it's been a while! But I'm on spring break right now, so I'll try to update again soon! Thank you for reading! I finally got over 1K! It's crazy! Thank you guys!