The Mafia King personally called out her name

Lihua, who was leaning her elbow on the desk, slipped and she almost stumbled from her seat. Her mouth tremblingly opened in a wide O as her eyes widened in shock.

The Godly handsome man s-spoke?

Meng Ya hit her head. "Is your brain even working? In what way is he mute?"

"T-T-That he-he spoke…"

Meng Ya looked at her in disdain. "Everybody heard it. You are hopeless. Not only he spoke, but he also spoke your name. Why did you think he was mute?"

"Because he didn't respond when I talked to him."

"..."

Her friend seriously questioned her way of thinking.

"Lihua…you didn't think that he could be perhaps just a naturally quiet type of person? You just directly jumped to the conclusion that he is mute? You are an idiot!"

The professor sternly said, "Song Lihua. Stand up."

Lihua stood in attention like a soldier. "Yes, sir!"

Her gaze met his but she nervously averted it in utter embarrassment.

Oh, my Godly handsome prince. Normally, I would have loved for you to remember this mortal but now I beg you to please forget me. Forget me. Forget me. We didn't meet at all. You didn't see me screw up at all.

Let that memory just erase from your mind, whoosh!

But he didn't say a word after that. He just uttered her name and that was it.

Everybody thought that perhaps Lihua badly screwed up and was about to get humiliated.

A few minutes passed by but nothing happened.

The professor's brow twitched.

Why isn't he saying anything?

He cleared his throat. "Um, Mr. Jiang? You called Song Lihua. Do you have anything to say to her?"

He didn't respond.

The silence was eating Lihua from inside. His attention was completely focused on her but he wasn't saying anything else.

Godly handsome man, are you that angry at me? She cried. Please just say something. This suspense is so terrifying!

Suddenly, the door opened and a man entered huffing and puffing. "Sorry, boss! I am late."

The Mafia King didn't comment.

The professor asked, "You are…"

He straightened up. "I am Fu Renshu. I am the boss's assistant."

"Oh. Well, actually Mr. Jiang called out Song Lihua's name but...he isn't saying anything else you see…"

Fu Renshu said, "Oh Boss thought you already understood it. Isn't it so obvious?"

No, it isn't, everybody thought, including the professor.

He sighed. "Seriously...I thought the students and the professors here are intelligent, considering how this college is so famous. How could you not understand Boss's simple message? He said Song Lihua's name because he has recruited her to work for Jiang Industries."

Lihua froze. She blinked her eyes several times.

Huh? Did I just mishear something?

The professor asked, "That is it?"

Fu Renshu frowned. "Of course. Why would the Boss go through the trouble of mentioning her if not for recruiting her? This is a recruitment drive, after all, going on in the campus."