20

We walk in silence as we head to the meeting room as said by Hendery.

I've tried approaching and getting closer to him but Renjun kept on pulling me to his side saying that I'll only get myself in trouble.

Alas, I could only watch Hendery from behind and peek around the rooms as we pass by many more of it. Names written on a sign beside each of the opaque glass doors. A few of the names brought a sense of familiarity to me as I recognise them.

Renjun notices me sparing glances at each door and snaps, "Stop looking around, it'll do you no good."

"What?" I scoff as I shake my head. What's so wrong about admiring the place?

I roll my eyes and look up ahead as a large sunken and spacious area with couches and beanbags come into view. A big black screen on the wall serves as a television or whatever they do I guess.

"This is the living room." Hendery said as we step down the stairs.

Renjun puts his duffle bag on the couch and I do the same after that.

"The meeting room is upstairs, come on." He said and we follow him up a long spiral staircase.

As we arrive on the second level, the only thing striking enough than the plain wall is another opaque sliding door.

Hendery steps closer to it and the door slides open automatically, welcoming the man into the room. The seemingly heated discussion going on inside dies down as he makes his presence known.

He glances at the people present at the moment before he turns to me, "Don't be shy." Hendery smiles charmingly.

Renjun pushes me forward to get me moving. Once I step inside the room, I can feel my anxiety and insecurity reaches its maximum level.

Oh boy, there's a lot of men.

My palm becomes clammy as I feel nervous under their stare, judging me which makes me feel small.

"Ah, the lady in crime," Taeyong smirks, "sit right there." He points to the lone chair in front of me.

Hendery, being the nice person he is, guide me to sit on the chair and places a hand on my shoulder before whispering in my ear, "A talk, after the meeting." He then retreats from me and stand beside Renjun who oddly has an irritated look.

Taeyong claps his hand together, gaining all of our attention, "Well, now all of us are here. Why don't we start discussing to solve this prolonged situation we're in," he said.

"Finally, a proper meeting," Jaehyun grumbles as he interlocks his hand in front of him. He slowly gazes at me, sending a nasty glare that could burn holes to my head.

I frown and look at Taeyong who is already giving suggestive hints on me to start talking.

I cock a brow in confusion, "Me?" I point at myself.

"Yes, you," he crosses his arm, "Little Miss Heejun, what do you have in mind to end this matter? You are after all the prime subject in it," he waits for a reply.

"I... what did I do again?" I asked.

Jaehyun roll his eyes, "You saw WinWin kill a man at the playground and we had no other choice than to... take you with us," he concludes, rubbing his knuckles together while never leaving his heated stare on me.

"Yes, and as I have said before," I clear my throat, "I can just pretend nothing had ever happened—"

A loud slam to the table interrupts me,

"Do you understand how grave this situation is? Your situation?" Jaehyun fumes beside Taeyong who didn't bat an eye at his action, but only stare at the table with a contemplating look on his face.

"You need to be an idiot, an airhead, to even think that we can just let you go," he continues, now standing on his feet, "and it seems like you've just proven that you are, in fact, an airhead. An airhead may even be an understatement," he finishes with a scowl.

I gasp and push myself off the chair to stand my ground, "Excuse me?"

Hendery, too, gets up and tries to calm him down, "Alright, Jaehyun let's not be too harsh on her," he places a comforting hand on Jaehyun's shoulder.

"It was unintentional—"

"Obviously, oh my fucking god!" Jaehyun exasperates with a dramatic flaunt of his hands, "Song Heejun, are you hearing yourself? Of course it was unintentional, an accident, and of course you didn't know it was happening but the fact that you saw, you witness, we must take you," he said in desperation to make me understand.

"So, am I going to die?" I ask hesitantly.

"Fuck, you're so stupid. Helpless," Jaehyun turn himself away from me to try and calm himself down. At least he won't be seeing my face to which he thinks is annoying.

"Jaehyun!" Hendery scowls disapprovingly.

"Well," Taeil suddenly speak, "Jaehyun is right," he stands up to walk towards me, "but not completely," he halts beside me and tilt his head as he takes in my appearance.

And then, he grins.

"Boss," he holds his smug grin while turning slowly towards Taeyong until he makes eye contact with him, "how do you feel about having a new decoy?" he asks.

Jaehyun snaps instantly, "Don't," he looks at Taeyong, "Don't even think about it," he fists his hands, containing his pent up anger.

Taeyong smirks, rather amused seeing an irritated Jaehyun, "Now that you mention it," he lays back on his chair languidly, "we do need a new decoy."

Jaehyun groans, "I, myself, is enough!"

Taeyong tsk, "Didn't you complained about not having a partner to distract our enemies before? Tell me you didn't, Jaehyun," he taunts at him with a little smile playing on the corner of his lips.

The latter sigh and looks away, "I did."

"And now you have a brand new partner, congratulations!" Taeyong clasps his hands together and smile brightly, "Teach her the ways of a decoy," he pats his shoulder, "I believe in you."

And he left.

Slowly, one by one.

Until only two silhouettes are left standing in the meeting room.

Jaehyun stares at me dead in eyes, "God, I hate you."