Epilogue

175 years later...

Wudi walked into the large chamber underneath the Sacred Healing Tree holding another large healing crystal from Tiandi.  They received the large crystals yearly, sometimes sent by the Emperor of all the heavens and sometimes by Teacher.  There was hardly any room left in the large chamber to arrange the crystals comfortably.  It does brighten the atmosphere of the room, filling it with a rainbow of colors reflected on the walls, the ground, and even the root system above them.  Lanying was lying in the center of the altar, a fresh linen sheet covering her, still just as beautiful even after nearly two centuries lying underneath the Healing Tree.  

There was still no sign of Red Spider Lily inside or outside the Abyss.  Wudi could only rely on the healing crystals, Supreme Deity's tonics, and the Sacred Healing Tree to support his wife's health.  As he was walking around the altar to fetch a water pail, Wudi noticed a pouch on the floor behind the altar.  It was Bountiless Pouch.  It had been a long time since he'd looked through the vast pouch.  He sat on the stool beside his wife and began exploring the contents.  There wasn't much left in the pouch, him having need of the supplies over the years.

He found Supreme Deity's Herbals Pouch.  He'd completely forgotten about his Teacher's stasis pouch.  It would have come in handy while he was expanding the herb garden in the forest.  Wudi opened the pouch, it was still full of Supreme Deity exotic herbs.  He would choose a few and plant them next spring.  The god of war retrieved a bunch of bright red flowers from the pouch.  He must be dreaming, this can't be right.  He needed to find Jialong, now.  He rushed from the chamber and flew to Yao Jing Lake, flowers in hand.

He whistled the tune to call the massive water dragon.  Seconds later, the beautiful creature stuck his head above the water level of the lake.  "I was resting you know, I spent the past two months searching the mountains for those last two Dragon Fiends.  Can't you give an old dragon a break?"

"Jialong, this is it, right?  It's Red Spider Lily," Wudi asked expectantly, holding the bunch of flowers above his head so the dragon could get a good look.

Jialong whirled into the air, excited, "Where did you finally find it?  By one of the streams we've been keeping an eye on?  No, it's winter." Jialong looked at the god strangely.

"Lanying's Bountiless Pouch," Wudi answered sheepishly.

"God of war are you telling me we've had Red Spider Lily the entire time?!?" Jialong was aggravated.

"Apparently.  I never thought to check Teacher's stasis pouch.  I just assumed it was a bunch of his exotic herbs and poisons he'd given her.  But I guess she put some herbs in there after she arrived in the Abyss."  The god of war was disappointed in himself for overlooking a detail such as an herbal stasis bag when he was looking for a plant.

"Go brew the damn flower, we'll get back to your ineptitude later.  For now, we should focus on waking the goddess of war.  Go fix our girl!"

Wudi flew back to the Healing Tree and began brewing Lanying's Red Spider Lily.  It took six days to brew the bitter tonic.  Adding honey to the warm concoction he sipped the tonic into his mouth and gave Lanying the medicine himself, leaving a gentle kiss on his wife's lips.  The god of war sat, and waited, humming.  He hummed the gentle tune for a week before his goddess began to wriggle on the altar.  It was as though she were trying to shake sensation into her limp limbs.  Finally, she blinked several times and opened her eyes, staring at a multicolored light show above her.  She turned her head towards Wudi, confused, and started coughing.  The god of war grabbed some honey tea and leaned her against his chest in a sitting position.  After she sipped the tea and cleared her throat, she finally spoke.