Calming Down

Kaede's POV

I wake up but Shuichi's already gone, it was weird he never leaves this early in the morning. I hear a knock at the door and I look through the peephole, and I see Shuichi on the other side, and he opened it and I took a step back.

When he opened the door I saw he was holding a tray full of food," This is for you my love." I stood there and smiled for the first time in a while because of what the past few days has been," Been a while since I've seen you smile."

He set the tray down on the desk and hugged me," Shuichi w..why'd you do this again?" He looked back at me and smiled," We've been through a lot, so I think we should simply calm down from everything that we've been through." He ushered me to eat my breakfast, it was weird he's never this energetic," What's up with you today?" "Oh, uhhh. *gives hug* I just want to hang out with you after everything we've been through so far."

We both smiled, he looked at each other for a while until a knock at the door, interrupted we kept looking at each other for another 10 seconds and I went over and opened the door and slammed it just as fast, it was Kokichi.

" Kaede what's wrong?" I stood there scared and shocked, what was he doing here? I just got out of hell and now their was a living hell at my door," I..It's K..Kokichi." I sounded shaken up and looking back at Shuichi I could tell he was shaken up, he opened the door but before he could close the door Kokichi held it open," Hey, I came to... uhhh apologize for behavior and if there's anything I can do to make up for the things I've done talk to me at dinner with someone else. Like you, Kaede, and someone else if you feel more comfortable like that, but I'm sorry and I realise that my actions were unacceptable. I promise to help you guys."

Shuichi came back and explained what happened," Do you think he actually means what he says?" Shuichi sighed," Yes, I do trust Kokichi, I don't think he's who he was before." I looked with Shuichi with uncertainty but trusted him because there's no reason for him to lie.

We looked outside of our room, but nobody was there. We walked down the steps and even before we walked down to the first floor (They live on the 3rd floor)we heard yelling, it was Kirumi? She never yells. When we ran down the steps we saw she was scolding and yelling at Kokichi,"You have the audacity to kidnap Kaede, then come back and then say 'sorry' like that'll solve anything!" Kirumi broke character which I get why, not many people immediately trust someone who has done harm to someone you know.

Shuichi's POV

Kokichi is someone I somewhat I trust, even though of what happened. He helped me with a plan that happened to go wrong, after the outburst Kirumi calmed herself and gained composure again," Do what you like Kokichi, I don't care. But if you hurt anyone else I will get you."

Kokichi just nodded, and left and walked past us," Hey, cut him some slack." I said, that wasn't the right choice of dialogue," Well you better give me a good reason." Everyone looked at me and Kaede was wondering what I could say," He helped me to try to find Kaede and ummm," " Hurry up." "And he is trying to redeem himself. I mean we gave you, Kirumi a 2nd chance of trusting you."

Kirumi looked at me obviously confused," What do you mean by that?" "After you killed in the killing game, at least I had a feeling of not trusting you but I came to accept it." She looked away," So why can't we give Kokichi a chance?" Everyone looked at me," If anything goes wrong with him I'm blaming you guys."

As Kirumi said that she grabbed something from the fridge and went to her room, we didn't know what to do but to awkwardly walk away. We were worried about Kirumi but she never acted like this so we didn't know how to act with her.

Kaede and I walked back to our room and just sat on the bed," I'm worried for everyone, everyone lately has been falling apart." Kaede looked disappointed," Look everyone needs time to calm down from recent events and soon enough people will calm down." I said this hoping and not knowing, I tried to comfort Kaede and it worked a bit but she still seemed to be sad.

I've tried thinking of a way to calm Kaede down, but nothing has appeared until," Kaede, would you like to play piano?" She looked at me a sad confusion," What do you mean? There isn't any pianos here or anywhere near here." She said," There's a nice restaurant down the street, I wanted to go there once we calmed down, but let's go there tonight. If you want to go and if we do go we have to dress formally or fancy."

She smiled for the first time in a while,"Ok Shuichi, just let me know when we're planning to go and also where's the piano?" " In front of a crowd." She smiled," Perfect! I love seeing people smile!" Kaede was excited, I loved to see her like that and that was one person happy now there's one more I have to really worry about in the time being, Kirumi.

Sorry for the delay, it's just my relatives were here so I had to take a delay but this will be my first chapter relating to the story since I left. I hope you guys enjoy the story. Have a nice day!