A Mothers Love

*trigger warning*

*trigger warning*

Maddy woke up the Thursday before Memorial Day overcome with emotion— her mom would be touching down at Austin International Airpot in a few hours, and Maddy couldn't be happier. She scheduled Thursday off so she could be there for her mom's arrival and have quality mother - daughter time for the entirety of the weekend.

For once, she wasn't thinking about scumbag Billy Tyson and his disgusting, figurative hold on her. She just hoped she could keep this facade up until her mom left.

Maddy hadn't seen her mother in person since she came to visit after Maddy was in her car accident. She had been laying awake for hours, filled with anticipation, and excitement over seeing her mom. TK was soundly sleeping next to her— Carlos had an early shift this morning.

Maddy rolled out of her bed, careful not to wake TK up. She walked into her bathroom, then into the kitchen, per her morning routine. She stopped to pet her cats and made herself tea, and a bowl of cereal.
————————————————————————
TK emerged from her room, and embraced her in a hug from behind, as she stood at her counter. "Morning! Excited to see momma today?" She heard him coming, and a smile came to her face before she turned around. "Hell yeah! I've been awake since 6:30," she shrugged. "Glad you're finally awake now.. I don't wanna be late!"

"Babe.. it's 8:30, we don't have to leave till like 11:00. I love you, it's fine."

"Love you too! Moms excited to see you!"

"I'm excited to see her too!"

A hug smile came across Maddy's face as she realized that two of her favorite people would be together again— Owen would be joining them for dinner Friday night. "You and Carlos are coming to dinner with us too, right?"

"Yep! Still okay?"

"Uhh.. duh!" Maddy winked.
————————————————————————
"TK! Have you seen my inhaler?!"

"Right here babes! I'll bring it to you! Did you do your nebulizer treatment yet?"

"Doing it... now!" Maddy yelled at through the puffs of medicine. TK walked to her doorway, and stopped as he look at her doing her treatment— a tear formed in his left eye, as he thought about why she had to do these daily now; he blamed himself a small bit, since the fire was at his house. But he knew that Maddy would kill him if she knew he was thinking that, so he pushed the thought out of his mind as he tossed her inhaler to her.

Maddy gave a thumbs-up, and went back to feeling sorry for herself as she finished the rest of her treatment.

"Okay, I'm ready! Let's go get mom!"

————————————————————————
Maddy and TK made it to the airport with 30 minutes to spare before her mom's flight touched down. "Are we allowed to go in and wait?"