Distance

"I don't know ma

"I don't know ma... he's great, like really great, but we literally have to fly to each other. I HATE FLYING! Like to get here, I had to literally dope myself up with my Xanax... ha."

"Well then you keep doing it.."

"Mother.. I can't do that shit! But like.. another thing for that.. airfare is expensive as hell. Do we rotate flying to see each other? How often?!"

"Did you ask Eddie these questions?"

"No I didn't... I was hoping to avoid the subject while I'm here in LA.. but, the way he handled it after I told him that I was assaulted.."

"I thought he threw a hissy fit?"

"Oh he did. But after that, when he calmed down and realized he was a dick.. he was great. Ya know?"

"It's good he realized that he was wrong, and corrected his behavior.. that's good, peach."

"Yeah! I thought so too.... And I get the shock of it all. Like me being assaulted, and then me just freaking out on him.. and he did apologize."

"Exactly. He reacted emotionally.. which is normal, as I'm sure you know."

"Yeah.. it is, but I still don't know. It's just such a long distance mom.. two hour time difference, and a plane ride between us... like how can that even work?"

"If you want it to, it will."

"It's just so early too.. like we've only had sex three times.... And we haven't even talked about anything like that.."

"Well maybe you should? I mean, it wouldn't hurt peach, since you're there. Worst case? He says he's not interested and then you leave, never to see him again."

"Man.. you are so smart! That is a good idea. I could just leave and then get on my plane or whatever.."

"Yep, exactly. Where are you right now peach?"

"With Evan.. remember I told you about him too? He called me and told me about Eddie's accident."

"Yep, Yep... I do remember!"

"Yeah, he let me stay with him while I'm here! Did I tell you that? Sorry if I did or didn't, but yeah.. I'm safe, I'm good. Currently laying on his bed; he's in the shower, then we're gonna watch a movie or play a little PlayStation I think!"

"Oh that'll be fun!"

"Yeah... I'm having a good time! I just miss TK so much, ha. This is the longest we've been apart since I moved. AND since I'm even father from you... I miss you more now too!"

"I know peach, but don't think about it like that. We are both fine! You know that! Just think about having fun with Eddie.. and.. Evan!"

"I am mom, it's just weird.. ha."

"I know, but you're leaving the day after tomorrow.. so you'll be back with TK soon!"

"Yeah that's true! LA is pretty too! But Austin.. man, that place is beautiful!"

"Yeah it is! So do you think you're going to talk to Eddie?"

"Hmm... yeah, I guess I will. Like you said, worst case.. he says 'nah', and then I just get on my plane, ha!"

"Exactly."

"But truthfully... I do actually like.. really like him. It kinda sucks."

"I know peach, but it'll be okay. You will figure it out, and if it's supposed to work out... you will find a way. But you just need to talk to him first, before you start freaking out. Got it?"

"Ha, yes momma. I got it! You're so smart. The best! Love you! I'll talk to you later!"

"Okay peach! Love you too!"

Maddy hung up with her mom right before Evan turned his shower off. She smiled at the thought of a naked, wet Evan, but the thoughts quickly turned to a naked and sweaty Eddie. Her insides felt warm, as her cheeks turned a light shade of red. She quickly blinked the images away before Evan walked in his bedroom. She smiled subconsciously at him when she realized that he was only wearing pants.

"Forget your shirt?" Maddy giggled. Evan's face became flushed as he looked at her with intrigue and curiosity, "thought you might enjoy the show." He said bluntly as he averted his eyes.

Maddy winked as she lowered her eyes back towards her phone, trying not to show her smirk of pleasure. "What're we doing tonight?" She asked as she carefully looked up from her phone again. Phew, clothed.

"What do you wanna do?"

"Nooo, you said it was your turn to decide!"

"Yeah, yeah.. I know. Chinese and PlayStation?"

"Uhh.. yes!"