[10]

Soundtrack: Stone Temple Pilots - Interstate Love Song

    I didn't go to dinner that day. The truth about my family had literally crushed me and since I had already been upset because of the Evan-incident earlier that day, all I wanted was to let it all go. I didn't want to think, I didn't want to worry, I didn't want to feel the pain –I just want to numb myself.

    So I took the bottle of kvas standing on my dresser and I tossed it off –I brought the bottle to my lips and began to drink it hungrily. At that moment, the awful taste of kvas didn't bother me even the slightest. My mind was focused on getting myself drunk.

    Of course, I was aware that my absence in the dining hall wouldn't go unnoticed, hence I wasn't surprised when Celina burst into my room. When she saw that I was not in the bedroom, she walked towards the bathroom with quick steps and she let out a scream as she saw me sitting inside the empty bathtub with a bottle of kvas in my right hand. Half of the bottle was finished already.

    "Valkyrja, for the Saints' sake, what the hell is happening?" Celina literally yelled at me but when she saw that my eyes were bloodshot –I had been crying, again –her voice softened. "What's wrong?"

    "Everything," I responded. "There isn't a single fucking thing that's going well in my miserable life."

    Celina approached me with a sad look in her beautiful eyes, I knew it was hard for her to see me in ruins. "Why do you say so?" she asked and kneeled next to the bathtub. "Please, Val, talk to me –I can't help you otherwise."

    I shook my head as I brought the bottle to my lips, "You can't help me either way, Celina." I said and took a big sip from the kvas. Its bitter taste caused me to grimace. "No one can help me."

    "Let me be the judge of that, will you?"

    "Fine," I muttered as I rolled my eyes at her. Then, I stood up inside the bathtub but since I was having trouble finding balance, Celina also stood up and held me from my upper arm to prevent me from falling. "Evan came here today to see me, we literally broke up, I found out that my mother's side of the family were Necromancers, so I am a Necromancer as well. Oh, and I also learnt that my grandmother put a curse on my mother, which didn't let her fall pregnant so she prayed the Saints for a baby. The Saints let my mother have me, then they also took her life while she was giving birth to me."

    Celina carried a horrified expression, she opened her mouth to speak a couple of times but she wasn't able to find the correct words. I let out a forced laughter as I brought the bottle to my lips once again. "Yeah, Celina, be the judge of that." I repeated her words, then I added. "One more thing: I still cannot reach my damn powers." Pulling the collar of my t-shirt forwards, I cast a look inside. "Hello, Grisha powers, are you there?" I shook my head as I let the collar go. "Nope, still no sign of them."

    The blonde-haired young woman pondered, her dark eyes were fixed onto my jade-green ones. After a few minutes, she shook herself and placed her hands on my shoulders. "Val, will you please wait for me in your bedroom nicely?" she asked me.

    I raised an eyebrow. "I am already in my bedroom, Celina."

    Celina held me from my empty hand as she took me out of the tub. "No, Val, you're in the bathroom." she responded and dragged me to my bedroom. After making me sit on my bed, she took the kvas bottle away from my hands and placed it on the dresser.

    "Hey, I want that back!"

    She ignored my objection and placed a small kiss on top of my head, "I'll be back before you know it, just don't do anything stupid, okay?" she said and left the room after seeing me nod. I didn't ask where she went, nor did I care about that. I just wanted to finish the kvas and cry myself to sleep, so I stood up and walked towards the dresser.