[16]

Soundtrack: Portishead - Glory Box

"I... I didn't know you've returned." I stuttered. "Everyone said that you were still around the northern border."

He looked even more handsome when his jet-black hair was wet and his naked body was adorned with water drops. I could only see above his chest since the water was, as always, kind of blurry but still, I could make out the muscles on his chest.

At that moment, I realised that I had never seen him in something other than his black kefta.

As he ran his hand through his wet hair to push it away from his face, he began to walk to the edge of the pool. "Perhaps word didn't spread fast this time." he spoke, his deep voice echoed inside the banya. "However, I wasn't expecting anyone to visit the banya tonight. Why aren't you with your friends?"

I rolled my eyes at his words, "Shura was the only available one and I'd rather not spend an entire Saturday night with her, thank you very much." I muttered and wrapped my arms around my body to make sure the towel would not fall.

The Darkling smirked at me. "You two don't get on well, eh?" he asked with a playful tone. "Shura normally has an enjoyable company, though."

"Of course you'd enjoy having her around," I muttered under my breath but apparently, my voice was loud enough for the Darkling to hear me. The pleasant expression on his face was making me want to punch him.

"Are you jealous of Shura?"

"She is jealous of me." I spoke with a confident tone as I raised a challenging eyebrow. However, I wasn't expecting him to get out of the pool in front of me. The moment I saw him climbing the stairs, my eyes widened and I immediately turned my back. I could feel the heat rushing to my face and it was not because of how hot the banya was. "Aleksander!"

His tone made me imagine him shrugging at my words. "Have you never seen a naked man before?"

I heard the sound of a towel unfolding, I tried hard not to think about how his pale skin shone under the faint light of the banya and how breath-taking he looked as water was dripping from his naked body.

"I have but that's not the point."

In fact, I didn't know why I reacted the way I did –I had visited the banya with the other Grisha many times. Back then, seeing the male Grisha naked didn't seem to bother me –or make me blush –at all, among which Radoslaw and Leon stood as well. However, when it came to the Darkling, I started to act like a little girl.

I heard him clicking his tongue, my back was still facing him. "In that case, it is me who makes you anxious," he said, I could easily imagine a small smirk on his lips. He enjoyed this so much and giving him that satisfaction annoyed me.

I knew he was walking towards me for I could hear the sound his bare feet created as he stepped on the wet floor. He probably had a towel wrapped around his lower half now but I wanted to stay still and see what he had in mind.

When he was close enough, I felt the familiar heat radiating off his body. With slow movements, he gathered my raven hair on my left shoulder –his hands were still damp. As he began to caress my exposed neck with the side of his index finger, I took a deep breath. I had missed feeling his body so close to mine, I had missed his touch and I had missed his scent.

Water was dripping from his dark hair onto my head.

In mere seconds, he moved his hand to my waist and I felt him leaning into me. I was breathing heavily, my heart was beating like crazy and I was sure my knuckles were white since I held the small bag too tight. The moment I felt his lips touching the skin right under my ear, I automatically closed my eyes and let my back press against his bare chest.