||Book||

Rukmini was perched on a wooden table, her nose in a book. She recalled her Saturday meeting at the same place she was right now.

It made her mind restless. She took a deep breath, opened the book furiously and decided to give herself to the book.

Love makes you restless and calms the same time.

She read the line and sighed heavily, closing it

She took the coffee cup and gulped it down,“Today the coffee tastes good though”,smiling a bit.

Rukmini was about to take another sip,as she casted her eyes down at the cup, a voice interrupted her wonderful time.

“Can I try some of your coffee”,he spoke gently.

Rukmini looked up, clearly annoyed who dared to say this,“Krishna!Why do you want my cup of coffee?Have you lost your wallet?”

Krishna shook is head,“No,I just wanted to know what wonders did this cup did, to your sour mood to turn around.”

“Can I seat here,Rukminiji?”,he pointed to the chair opposite.

“If I say don't sit, are you going to leave?And what's with the 'Ji' you added to my name?”,she said flustered and her cheeks flushed.

He giggled and flopped down on the chair opposite to hers and started,“I think you don't like me...-

Rukmini looked at him in horror.

Krishna cutted her off immediately,“Not in that sense!Like a person..I mean't it other way.So that's why I called you in respect.”

Don't like you?!I mean which girl doesn't  want a boy with charming personality ,a bit sense of humour and calm nature as her husba-..Stop girl!!Did I??!What?! HUSBAND?

Krishna snapped at her, breaking her reverie. Rukmini eyes flickered,“Umm..Yeah..No wait!?You shouldn't have payed so much heed to my words..I was a bit grumpy that day.”

“Oh!So the reason behind of your anger was not me.Thank gods!”,he said, his chin resting in one palm.

She smiled at him rather blushed, tucking her hair behind her ear.Not that Krishna didn't noticed it!

There was awkward silence for few minutes between them.

Rukmini said breaking it,“Do you know, Shishupal?It was because of him you know that day...”,she said eyes meeting with him.

Krishna arched an eyebrow at her,“Is it? Well usually, I think I'm the one he gets annoyed.By the way, he is my  cousin rather self proclaimed enemy.”

“I'm so sorry,Krishna!I didn't knew, he is your cousin”,she said in a alarmed voice.

He broke into a smile,“You didn't heared the last words, didn't you? Can I ask,how are you related to him?”

Rukmini's expression softened,“Well,he is already stuck like a limpet to my brother and calls himself self-proclamied 'family friend'

Krishna shrugged,“In that case, you could also do a lot worst to him. However,if you're not able to get rid of him, I'll go after him.”,he said getting up from the table. 

Rukmini chuckled at him and nodded.

Krishna looked at the book on the table,“Are you reading it? I heard it's a good book!”

Rukmini glanced at the book,“I will.We can borrow it, if you want.”

Krishna's face brightened,“Ofcousre!My pleasure it is.”,he waved at her and left the place.

Rukmini ran her palm over the book and clicked her tongue reminding herself, how desperately she wanted to read the book now!

Yaayy!!Finally updated after days!

Do vote and comment!!

Thanks for reading

*Please give me suggestion for the next chapter as I'm in a fix..*