Chapter 8

(Y'ALL I'M BACK FROM THE DEAD AND SCHOOLS OUT FOR THE SUMMER SO I'LL BE PUBLISHING MORE! :D)

          Almost immediately we were swallowed by the green jungle, the trees and other plants towering over us, even with us being from a range from 9 to 10 feet tall each. I kept myself from exclaiming in awe and wonder. The forest was stunning. Each and every plant was different, from the plant structure to the color and size. "Woah." Norm breathed. Grace smirked. "You should see your faces." She chuckled. I ignored her though, I was too much in awe with the animals at the moment. Though they knew how to hide, their calls and movements were telltale signs of where they were and what species they were. I noticed the smooth, secretive movements of a lone yerik, or for humans, a hexapede, as it slowly snuck around logs and hid behind large trees to spy on us but to stay out of sight, in case we were to kill it. A monkey-like prolemuris swung by Jake, causing him to aim his gun at the pack as it swung through a plant with tentacle-like vines.

"Prolemuris." Jake raised an eyebrow skeptically, still white-knuckling his gun. I eyerolled at his paranoid behavior. "They're not aggressive." Grace hinted, pushing down his gun. "Relax, marine. You're making me nervous." We picked up the pace a bit, Grace occasionally stopping to take plant samples with Norm trailing behind her like a duckling would to his mother. "How will they know we're here?" Norm asked suddenly. "Well, I'm sure they're watching us right now." Norm's gaze narrowed as his head whipped around, searching for the natives. "Come on you two, keep up."