CH.10

this is english
this is japanese
enjoy

y/n and obanai were now at their destination, where a demon is supposed to be lurking around. it was already night and you decided to split up with obanai to look around.

obanai didn't sense any demonic aura from you to which you were glad, since ubuyashiki was the only one who knew. except for you know who.

you sensed s very familiar demon aura from right in front of you, so you grabbed your nichirin blade and started running.

you used the sum breathing form, cutting the demon's arms off. you were about to attack again but stopped when you noticed it was.. "kokushibo..?"

you blinked in shock and confusion before you put your sword back into its place. you were about to apologize but he spoke before you even said anything.

"thank you." you raised you eyebrow in confusion and sat against a wall on the floor, your attention still on kokushibo, who's arms were slowly growing back.

"what? i didn't do anything." kokushibo sat down beside you and sighed "you were right. this isn't what i wanted. i was blinded by power and jealousy, all because i wanted to be stronger than my brother. so that's why i'm thanking you. you made me realize." what he said made you smile.

you patted his head, making him slightly flinch but lean into your touch a few seconds later "are you still an uppermoon?" you asked, to which kokushibo shook his head.

you were happy that you saved another life, well, not one but two. genya and muichiro. you grabbed kokushibo's chin and pulled his head up, making him look at you.

you looked directly at his middle pair of eyes, seeing the numbers crossed out. kokushibo's ears were red from your action, but it thankfully wasn't noticed because it was dark.

you let go and stood up, reaching out your hand for kokushibo. he grabbed your hand with his that has now grown back and stood up with your help.

douma and yorichii weren't with you since they were also patrolling. the sign when a demon found was to whistle. might disturb the villagers a bit but you didn't care.

you put your fingers in your mouth, before whistling out loud. very loud. it was the signal. yorichii was there first, and was beyond shocked at the view. you and his twin brother, current former uppermoon one holding your hand.

douma was there second and was about to attack but you stopped him. he understood. he was a bit jealous that you were holding kolushibo's hand, but didn't say anything.

obanai was the last one to arrive, shocked to see the former uppermoon one. he was ready to attack but you also stopped him which made him mad "the hell do you think you're doing?" he practically hissed at you, making you sweat-drop.

koku was now snuggling kokushibo, who seemed a little embarrassed. you sighed softly before explaining the situation to the serpent hashira, who just tched.

"whatever.. what about the demon lurking here? was it you, kokushibo?" obanai asked kokushibo, who shook his head and responded "no. it was a demon that more closer to that man, i killed it before you came here though."