Chapter #7

"Talk," She demands.

I bite my lip before I start into a drastic ramble to safe my life. "I'm Mary, like I told you before but now you want me to tell you even more? I don't understand what the point of you holding the gun to my head is when you could just brew me some tea—"

I swallow, causing the gun to knocks against the top row of my teeth, but that's as much harm the gun does because Alanche steps into the balcony in that moment.

"Hey whats going on out here. Put that thing out of her mouth, you goddamn bitch," He shouts.

Me-Crazy gives him a pissed off look, but becuase she is busier serving dirty looks she doesn't react fast enough when the gun is ripped out of her hand.

"Yeah you better run!" Alanche hollers after her when she scurries past the glass door into the hallway, like a spooked dog with its tail stuck between its legs. Alanche leans from the doorway and starts shooting the gun into the hallway after her. "Go and thank God that he let you live another day and be grateful for once in you life too!" He finishes up his interaction with Me-Crazy that seemed all too standard, then tucked the gun away.

I exhale rapidly, realising I was holding my breath all up to now.

"You could've killed her."

Alanche turns to me. "And done the world a huge favour while I was at it. But she still has to pay her debts off to me before I'll do anything like that. For now, she can run around and take errands like a good girl."

"So you'll kill her once these debts are absolved...?"

"Yes honey,' He puts an arm around me and points past the lawn. There's a thick growth of dried bushes and underwood, and something else. "That's what happened to girls just like her. If you ever thought Me-Crazy was special, here's your cue. She's not. And neither were those girls."

"I did not." I say in disgust. "I'm just a little stunned by how she acts. It's nothing like Ive seen before. She's completely disinhibited."

"She got nothing left to lose," He shrugs. "Want me to introduce you to the other girls?"

"I don't believe in ghost..."

He smiles again. "I'm not talking of those. Come on, they are all thrilled to meet you."