Chapter 6: The stalker

"Please stay with me". Everything is going to be fine"

His voice slowly fades away, into darkness.

...

You know the feeling when you're asleep, or you try to fall asleep, and all of a sudden you feel you're falling from a ten story building. 

This is the feeling you get now. But it's ten times more severe. Your whole body startles, making you wake up with a jerk. Everything around you is blurry. How long have you slept for? Where are you? It's certainly not in your room. It's way bigger and more open. 

You rub your eyes, trying to see clearer. When you open your eyes, right in front of you, Damiano is sitting on an armchair looking down on his phone. 

"What happened?" You ask quietly, trying not to bother him. 

"You ran strait into me and fell to the floor and passed out".

Shit. Everything that has happened is coming back to you. You totally forgot about this. You start to feel bad for him for taking you in here and putting you to bed. He even put you in an oversized t-shirt. 

Wait. 

Does that mean he has...seen under...?

Quickly you check under your shirt, and your bathing suit is stil on, meaning that only your dress was taken off and a t-shirt got put on. Thank god. 

He notices that you checked fast under your shirt, understanding that you thought he stripped you down and put clothes on. 

"Uhm, It's not what you thi-". 

"I get it" you answer quickly. 

A silence is thrown over, it being all quiet in the hotel room. Everything you heard was your own breathing. 

"What happened?" he says. 

What should you say? Yeah, hey you just got casually chased by someone with a knife, and now you're here. He would believe that's bullshit. But there was no other explanation. You try to explain calmly, so he can have time to process and understand what has happened, and try to make him believe it. 

"Last night, when waiting for Victoria outside the hotel room door for a while, I try to go look for the pool, thinking she already left." You say with a shaky voice.

He looks at you and listens. He was a good listener, making it easier for you to tell the story. 

"I get to this long corridor, and walk down it. At the end of it, a man with a knife in his hand, is standing there looking at me. I started to run, and he chased right after me. I ended up running into you. I somehow got knocked out and now I am here."

After explaining all of that, you breath out. You now feel exhausted after telling him that story.  

Damiano is silent. Just sitting on the chair, trying to process that story. 

"I understand if you don't believe me, it's quite fucked and-"

He interrupts you. "Have you ever seen this person before?"

Getting shocked that he asked you that question, knowing exactly what to answer. 

"Yes! Yes I've seen this person before. They've been in my dreams and they chased me at the airport-"

The rest of the band walks in. They stand perplexed in the hallway looking at us. 

"She's awake", Damiano says.