Chapter 9: Safety net

After breakfast, you all go up to the big bedroom again and shut the door behind you. It was still a safe space in here, so everyone decided that staying here meant no danger. 

You all lay back down in your beads. You all sit in silence, waiting for someone to say something, or nothing at all. The show began in four hours, and it was only noon. This leaving you three hours to spare at the hotel.

"Let's go do something". You say out of nowhere, even shocking yourself from saying it. They all turn to look at you. 

"Sure, what do you want to do?" Vic asks. 

"I don't know, is there anything to do around here? I mean, we could explore the hotel or something. We cannot sit in here and be paranoid about shit. To energize ourselves, we should get out of here. And we are in a group, at a crowded hotel. Nothing is going to happen". 

"She right guys" Damiano says, standing up for you. 

"Let's just go and check the hallways, check the lobby, see if there is any cool rooftops to jump off of". 

You all turn to look at him in chock. What did he just say. 

"It's just a saying, don't take it literally!" He says to his defense, making you all realize that he was just joking. 

"Stop saying that shit!" Vic yells.

"But we could still check out the rooftop though, without anyone jumping off" He laughs playfully. 

You all put on decent clothes, such as sweatpants, hoodies or t-shirts, so it doesn't look like you all just woke up. When you're done, you walk downstairs. Once again, you and Damiano are the only ones being done and ready first. The rest are still upstairs. 

You are too tired to make an interaction with Damiano, standing near the door. Instead, you go sit down on the couch, looking out through the window. In the reflection, you can see him approaching you. He sits down besides you, making you to turn, facing his direction. 

You do not say anything, you just look at him. Waiting for him to say a word. I mean, he was the one that sat down here after you, he should say something. 

"You don't talk much" You say. 

There was a long silence. 

"I don't know, is there much to say?"

"No, but you've always been so quiet since I've gotten here" You say, but now you realize this conversation will expand way more than you thought. 

"There is nothing wrong with you. It makes me happy to see that Vic is more happy when you're here. It is more of a support than a weight." 

"Well that's nice to hear, even if I've caused anything but trouble"

"I do not really mind, it's actually quite fun to have some action in your everyday life now. We are literally running from a killer!" He says in joy, which makes you happy. You smile back at him. It's nice that someone can see a positive side of this pessimistic situation. At least he isn't pissed about it. 

You get up from the couch, now that the rest of the band where walking down the stairs. Vic grabbs you arm-in-arm, and pulls you into her side. You open the door and you both look out. 

"The coast is clear" She whispers in a fun voice, making you laugh a little. All of a sudden she's pretending to be a spy. 

You both walk slowly towards the corridor and look over the corner. Vic waves to the guys to come forward (meaning that the coast is clear). 

They walk to you guys, not taking your playing around seriously. 

"Guys quit it. We are just taking a walk, and then we go back to the room. Simple." Thomas says.