Chapter 2: The beginning: Part 2

"The winner of 2021:s Eurovision Song Contest is Italy!"

"Wohhooo!!" You yell getting up from the couch dancing around. It was 1.15 am and you had no idea that watching this could make you stay up this late. It made it even more worth it when Italy won, the band that caused you to rethink your whole life. 

After cooling off, you get up and throw away your ice cream cup. Now It is time for bed. This band has really changed a part of you. The type of music they played actually made you truly happy. The lead singers way of performing has made you feel hope again about life. This band will always stay with me forever, no matter what happens. 

You go to bed, wishing to meet the band in real life someday, how nice that must be. 

Be careful for what you wish for. 

6 months later

School is finally out. Even though a heavy weight has lifted off your shoulders, there is still one year left of high school. So freedom is not really here yet. 

Saying bye to your friends, even that annoying one, still hurts, because it will be a while until you meet them again. You'll miss being in class and being pressed because of some conversation you are not interested in. 

This summer is going to feel empty. Everyone will be out traveling. Everyone will be doing something, except for you. 

Well, going to the beach, watching movies and going out for many walks cannot be that bad? It is not that bad as it sounds. 

Yes, yes it is. 

Walking home on a warm summer morning is as good as it sounds. Hearing the birds chirping, wind blowing in your face, seeing people in cute summer clothes, including yourself. This is a pretty good feeling. 

Imagine traveling somewhere else, some place you've never been to. 

...

Sitting in your house, watching your favorite movie, La Dolce Vita. An Italian movie, a beautiful one. This one makes you feel a special warmth inside that only you know you understand. Thats why this movie is so special. Is this a sign? 

At the same time, you're scrolling through Pinterest, seeing these cute girls in cute outfits in different cities. New York, Tokyo, London, Rome. 

Rome

The signs keep coming. 

You continue scrolling through your phone. A idea pops in to your head. You try to resist it because you know that it is too much and that you won't be able to handle it. Even though the idea is terrific. 

Scrolling through your instagram feed, commercial always pops up. This time, the commercial is about plane tickets. Cheap ones too. 

No, you can't. You have never travelled alone and you know that if you travel alone, you'll never figure out how to return home. The fact that the commercial only had one way tickets for sale made it even more impossible. 

You stand up. Passing fast across the room back och forth, not knowing what to do. 

You try to think for yourself, coming up with reasons to go and stay. 

You have all your life somewhat thrown away or missed opportunities in life, and there is nothing special that you can admit that you've done. Your are soon turning 18. It is your time to step out of your comfort zone, and expanding your horizon. Are you going or not?