"You're a liar after all,"

Dabi POV

I knew I blacked out at some point. It couldn't have been for long because when I came back to consciousness the same man as before, his name was Midoriya, was still here.

He held a small device in his hands and was tapping away details. Frowning at the screen, before glaring and sending something in response. His clothes had plenty of burns on them, and I was able to smirk at the obvious destruction of his ego.

Instead of being a sly, snarky man who was prepared to go through me for answers the physical way, it seemed his tactics changed. My stomach dropped at the thought.

"Oh, nice to see you didn't kill yourself," The man sighs, striding over. I frown but don't respond. "You're going to have some guests today, so you might want to buckle in."

"Today?" I question.

"Yeah, you've been out of it all night, a few heroes are stopping by this morning."

Shit.

I don't say anything as I stare at the white floors. I almost relax when the man from earlier leaves, but the thoughts of him going after Toga still plague me.

There was no way he could have her, right? She would have been transferred already.

"Be polite." I hear the same man say after the door clicks open. Heavy footsteps follow, and I hear a lock falling into place moments later.

Tilting my head up, I smile wickedly at my father.

The scar running up his face was humorous. A public display of what he'd done to others. Though still, his frame was bigger than mine and his overall physique much more honed. In a fight without my quirk I was fucked.

"H'llo dad," I smile, my voice drawling tiredly.

"Don't call me that," He sneers.

"Why not? You always wanted me to look at you as a father rather than the military commander you forced yourself on us as." I pout, jutting my bottom lip.

"Touya is dead." He states.

"Well, clearly I'm not,"

"You are not my son,"

"Ouch, that hurts," I fake pain, before my grin spreads.

"Touya is dead," He repeats, more hesitant.

"Nope," I smile, and watch as his face continues to crumple.

"What are the league of villains plotting?" He asks.

"Not sure, they don't tell me stuff. I'm just the brute force," I lie.

"You seemed to care quite a bit about that Himiko girl yesterday, so I suggest speaking, before we bring her in."

Wait-

"So you don't have her already?"

"Well, no, she disappeared with Shigaraki."

Oh thank the gods.

I let out a low laugh, and Endeavor's frown deepens.

"Hurry up, you can handle questioning at Tartarus!" A voice calls through the door with a bang.

"I'll have you admit to your lies, Dabi, but I won't work against my own." He pauses, while heading to the door. "Have fun, Hawks,"

Hawks?

I crane my neck to watch as the red winged hero comes around.

"You really did run back like a kicked puppy," I sigh, staring at him. I tug on my wrists as subtly as I can manage, but they're still bound.

"And you're still a bug under my shoe." He tsks his tongue before continuing. "Y'know there's a rumor that somebody is going to try and get you out of here," He curls his lips in disgust. "Some vigilante, more like a villain, that goes by Frostbite."

Anielle?

"They say that it's going to be a solo mission, but that's suicide." Hawks laughs.

"You're a lying bastard," I sigh. "What happened to Ryleigh?" I can't help but ask, to see if any emotion would come to his face. Something to prove that this was a lie.

"She's dead."

"What? That's impossible,"

"Nothing's impossible, Dabi. She disappeared, and apparently nobody knows where to."

That's not possible. I repeat. Anielle would never let that girl put her life at risk, or do something that could lead to Ryleigh being in pain.

"And here I thought you cared," I smirk as an answer.

His face doesn't change. A simple, steady air to him.

"You wouldn't be willing to give us some answers would you? About Frostbite?" He asks.

"You're taking that as a serious threat?"

"We must look into anything m, but this one we have so little information on that it's put us in a bind."

"I don't know anything about them," I dodge referring to anything that could peg Anielle. No names, no gender, no identity.

He still cares about her. The constant pain in his eyes was there for her, never for me. I'd been his friend, and partner, yet somehow we were separated and put on opposite sides of a story.

"Send my condolences about Ryleigh," I sigh.

"That your last wish?"

"You wouldn't kill me yet," I spit.

Frowning deeply, he leaves. I'm greeted by silence and sameness around me. Nothing truly settling the pit in my stomach.

Anielle wouldn't do that. But she is Frostbite. But she wouldn't.

Ryleigh can't be dead. Because if she were it'd be at the hands of heroes, and they'd be killed by the Hunters before they had the chance.

There's no way anybody would be foolish enough to come for me.

I was a lost cause, staying sane due to irritating the heroes, insulting them, and the steady beeping hooked up to my arm.

I leaned back, because with in the few hours I was left, I didn't know what I could do except wait.

I hope somebody would rescue me. That a small team would be able to take me out of here and home.

But my team is gone, and it was hopeless.

The league was probably dead for the most part. I'm grateful for the news that Toga and Shigaraki escaped.

They both could carry on our truths. Toga may be a young girl, but she and so many others were so strong. And Shigaraki was getting better. He allowed himself to be cared for, and it was a small hope of mine that he could find someone who appreciated him.

Anielle would make a life for herself. She'd move on from the few months we had, the few months of nothing, in no time.

Ryleigh would love. She'd go to high school, and maybe be able to grow old and live the way she pleased.

With those hopes, I settled into the knowledge that I'd be dead soon. That if anybody attempted to take me from here I'd be shot dead, and as soon as I'm taken to Tartarus they can kill me as legal punishment for my crimes.

So I relaxed my body, and silently sat there. Eyes stinging but no tears coming, just a dry pain.