Leaving You.

Late on the 18th day of the Hunger Games, me and Finnick watched together.

He gripped my arm tightly to bring me in closer.

We didn't speak, it was so tense watching.

Katniss drew her arrow back and hit it in Cato's hand and got pushed back by Peeta.

He screamed for Katniss to end his life quickly rather then get the mutts to end it slowly.

"Just kill him..." Finnick whispers couching Katniss but only I could hear him.

We watched a few minutes more, expecting the Capitol to pronounce the winners, instead they did a rule change again.

"That's sick!" I growl as they say there must be one winner

Katniss got the berries out and began counting to three. Finnick grabs my little hand to comfort me.

"No winner?" I whisper before they get to three

"Stop! STOP!" Claudius' voice boomed in the arena. "Ladies and gentlemen, the winners of the 74th annual hunger games. Katniss Everdeen and Peeta Mullark!" I turn the screen off knowing the only thing left for them was for the hovercraft to pick them up.

"Let's go upstairs and see the other victors." I grab Finnick's hand as we walk together to the lift.

****

"ITS A FIX!" Brutus declares to all the victors sitting down watching the big screen of Peeta and Katniss' time in the games. Caesar Flickerman begins discussing moments in both their times there and gave tips to anyone still watching.

"It's an act of defiance! Not love!" Enobaria screams at us.

"Oh shut it Enobaria." I spit to her folding my arms. Finnick was only inches away from me and nudges my shoulder to stop it

"Cato was the real winner! Not those starstruck lovers! It's pathetic!" Enobaria roars at us with her deadly teeth.

"Who cares?! They have their winners! It'll go down in history!" Chaff raises his glass that was filled with wine to us all.

Brutus narrows his eyes at me. "Can you not swallow it Brutus? Can you not swallow the taste of failure?!" I smirk as he begins to stomp over to me.

Finnick stands in front of me and raises his hands to stop Brutus.

"What's your problem? Move out my way to hit her!" Brutus mutters with his deep voice

"Now now Brutus, we don't hit girls do we?" He steps back as he sees Finnick beam a smile at him. "Have a sugar cube." Finnick winks to him.

Brutus growls at Finnick in frustration. "Woah, woah," Haymitch interrupts "walk away Brutus. The Capitol are still watching you, even if you are a victor." Brutus walks away whilst Haymitch looks furious with us

"What are you thinking?!" Haymitch breathes to us "you could've been knocked out by him!"

"Oh Haymitch, he's just upset that your tributes won." Finnick smiles at him.

"Congratulations." I smile to Haymitch. "Sadly you're out of a job now!"

"I'm glad." He huffs "I've had 23 years of seeing 46 kids die. Enough of that for me."

"Will you stay in 12 then every year...?" Finnick trails off

"Ha! Do you really think I'll let you rip Katniss and Peeta to part? Especially you, Johanna?" He laughs. "I'll be back, don't worry." He winks to me as I nod smirking