Chapter 9

"How is she?" Ryan asked.

"She has Castle, she'll be fine." Ryan nodded and got back to work on Teresa Denne from Florida. "Teresa Denne. Owns a house in Orlando, Florida, works as an elementary school teacher. From financials, looks like she has no problems and Teresa moved to Florida 12 years ago." Ryan read off of the screen.

"So it's really her?"

"Evidence points to yes, it is. What did Beckett say?"

"She said that the autopsy file on Nicole's uncle was suicide because everyone had air tight alibis but who shoves food down their throat, knowing that they're extremely allergic to it? She also wants us to check into Nicole's alibi. Says the neighbors always said hi to her when she left and when she came back from her run."

"I will call the neighbor. You dig into the uncle more." Ryan ordered and Espo stared at him. "What?"

"I'm the boss when Beckett's gone."

"Right, sorry bro." Ryan punched him on the shoulder playfully.

"So, you call the neighbor and I will check into the uncle more and where who was where when he died." Espo ordered. Ryan rolled his eyes and turned around to grab his phone.
xxx
"What can I do for the Castle's?" Johnny, the bartender, asked.

"I will get a scotch." Castle said.

"Make that two," Kate smiled at the bartender and he went to work.

"What did Espo find?" Castle asked. Johnny set their drinks in front of them. They took a drink and Kate started to talk.

"They found the murder weapon in his apartment and it looked like someone has been living there. They're waiting for CSU to come back with results."

"So, what if Wild had some buddies to make it looked like he lived there. In case Kendra went over there to see him."

"Yeah, that would make sense but why would his buddy shoot him?"

"His buddy found out what he was doing and decided he wanted out? He was going to confront Wild and he shot him." Kate nodded and they thought for a minute. "We need to go talk to Nicole and Kendra again."

Kate started to get up but he stopped her. "Tomorrow, Kate. Remember? We are going to just forget about what happened today, okay?"

"Okay," she confirmed and sat down again.
xxx
"Detectives? Go home, it's late. You can finish this up tomorrow." Gates announced from her office.

"Capti-" Espo started.

"That's an order," she went back into her office and the boys turn to each other. There was no one in the precinct and was nearing 8:30.

"Well, drinks at Remy's?" Espo asked.

"Sorry bro, have to make it home to my daughter and wife tonight," Ryan put a hand on his shoulder.

"Yeah, okay, sure." Espo walked away and grabbed his jacket. "Chooses his wife and kid over his best friend? Who does that?" He muttered to himself.

"A person who actually has a life," Ryan patted his shoulder again and left.

"I have a life!" Espo called out and Ryan laughed.

{508 words}

A/N: Talk about a short chapter! Jeepers!