Nine

-Taliah-

"Mommy!" I yelled as I walked in my house.

No answer.

I sighed and threw my duffle bag down on the floor.

"Yall can come in." I said to everybody else.

They walked in the house and I closed the door.

I looked on the back of the door to see a note that mom left me.

Working late again tonight. I left money for food in the kitchen. I'll see you tomorrow. love you babygirl.

I sighed and took the note off of the door.

"You okay over there?" Kaylin asked.

"Yeah I'm good."

I walked into the living room and sat on the couch next to Kaylin.

"Sooo... what yall got to eat here?" Julian asked.

"I don't even know. I think imma order pizza though" i said kicking off my shoes.

"While you do that.." Langston said standing up. "Where's the bathroom?"

"Upstairs, second door to your left."

"Good look."

He walked up the steps and I went in the kitchen to find the pizza menu. I couldn't find it though. I leaned on the counter thinking about where I could have put it.

oh shit. it's in my room.

I sucked my teeth and walked back into the living room and up the stairs. I stormed in my room and laid across the bed to look through my nightstand. I found the menu,sat up and dialed the number and ordered a few pizzas. I heard my toilet flush and I raised an eyebrow.

Langston walked out of my bathroom and I just looked at him.

"First you grope me in the car," i said laughing while hung up the phone. "now you invade my room."

He laughed and sat on the edge of my bed.

"It's a nice room though."

"Thanks" i said sitting indian-style.

"So wassup with you and ole boy? Are yall a serious thing?"

I sighed and looked down at my hands. I hate getting asked about Bucky because of how on and off we are.

"We were, once upon a time. I'm just stuck in a complicated situation."

"You still like him?"

I instantly started feeling uncomfortable.

"I.. uh.." i said fidgeting. "I don't know"

"Oh okay. I just needed to know because I wanted to make sure I don't try to ask out another man's girl"

"Excuse me?" I said raising an eyebrow. "ask out?"

"Yeah." He said shrugging his shoulders.

I smirked and looked down at my hands. He lifted my chin and looked at my in the eyes.

"So that's a yes, right?" He said licking his lips.

I laughed and rolled my eyes.

"Sure" I said smiling. "when and where we going?"

"Next Tuesday, and the movies."

"Ehhh..." I said. "Been there, done that."

"Dinner?"

"Nah."

"City Walk?"

"Been there tooooo many times."

"Damn," he said laughing. "well how about an amusement park?"

"Hmm.. that sounds fun. which one?" I asked.

"Six Flags."

"Ooohhhh." i said jumping up and down a little. "that sounds really fun."

"iight then, it's a date." he said standing up and walking around the room.

"Having fun?" I asked laughing.

"Yeah." he said walking over to my desk. "wowwww."

He picked up a picture of me in middle school. An awkward looking me at that. I was hella skinny, had glasses, chinky ass eyes, a huge kool-ade man smile across my face with metal braces, and was yellow as the sun.

"The glo-up was real, huh?" He said laughing hard af.

"Yeah yeah yeah," i said getting up and practically snatching the picture out of his hand. "Don't make fun of my awkward stage"

He continued laughing then rolled his eyes and picked up another picture. It was a solo picture of me in the dress I wore for Bucky's prom. It was a candid shot, taken by my aunt, of me standing to the side. I put it infront of the one I had one with Bucky in the picture frame.

"Wooooo, lookin' good." He said wide-eyed. "That ass tho."

"Shut up!" I said laughing and taking the picture from him.

I held my pictures to my chest and I just looked up at him. He smiled at me and started leaning in. He grabbed my waist and pulled me a little closer.

"What are you doing?" I said laughing and pushing him back a little.

"This" He said before crashing his lips on mine.

He caught me by surprise. My eyes widened in surprise, and he pushed me a little, making us fall across my bed. I wanted to stop, but then I just went along with it.

I'm not dumb. I know exactly how niggas are and what they want. My mama taught me better than to trust these "fast ass little boys" as she says. Oh yeah, I know the game he's trying to play, but trust and believe I can play it way better.