Chapter 4 - Ghost town

"This 'ji' is really fishy, so be careful."

"Yes boss," Minho said and left.

'Just who is this kid?', Minho thought. I suppose I'll find out tonight.

Out of nowhere, Jisung sneezed. "Someone must be talking about me." He mumbled.

Jisung was ready to return home when he noticed a flashy black van.

He was perplexed as to why a vehicle was parked in this deserted town where no one lives.

The van was turned on, and there appeared to be people inside, as though they were waiting.

Jisung approached the van and knocked out of curiosity.

The car window gently slid open, half-way, revealing a bald, huge guy wearing sunglasses.

He inquired, "Straykids?" Jisung had no understanding of what he was saying, but he went along with it nonetheless. "Uuh... yes yes stray kids."

"You're late. Why are you alone? I assumed two guys would show up? " He inquired, but Jisung remained silent..

"Forget about it. Just give me the drugs," the irritated man murmured, curling his fingers toward the palm of his hand.

Jisung was still confused by the circumstances, and he pretended to search his garments for the 'drugs' with a baffled expression on his face.

"Just give him the payment first, Michael," a voice that sounded like a woman said from the back seat of the van. "Straykids aren't really the type to give the drugs away without the payment first."

The bald man didn't say anything and reached for an aluminum briefcase, which he handed to Jisung through the window.

The bag was heavy, so Jisung checked and opened the briefcase.

Sparkles filled jisung's eyes as the briefcase is full of money. He gulped and kept a straight face as he closed the briefcase.

"Well, chop chop kid, give the drugs," said the driver, who was standing alongside the bald man.

"Ah yes, gents, my friend and the luggage have arrived!" Jisung exclaimed, although no one was present, and everyone in the van blindly followed Jisung's gaze.

Jisung took advantage of the situation and fled.

"Hey!" said the bald man when he saw Jisung. He opened the door and slammed the car door shut, and dashed towards Jisung. 'I knew something wasn't right when he showed up empty-handed! '

The driver was about to follow them when the lady ordered, "You, stay," and the driver followed her instructions. "But why ma'am?" the driver inquired as he turned around to face the pretty lady.

"Look," the lady said, directing the driver's attention straight ahead. The driver swung around to face the windscreen.

He noticed two unidentified individuals approaching. One was short but muscular, while the other was tall and slender, carrying a bag.

"Unlike that child, they're the true straykids," she continued, referring to their formal suits and masks.

"However, ma'am, what about the money?" he inquired, his countenance concerned.

She calmly responded, "That kid  is just a kid, so Michael can handle it himself."

The driver half-opened the car window. He inquired, "Straykids?"

They exchanged nods and exchanged stares with the elder. He received the signal and scratched his head, a sorry expression on his face. "Ah, the trouble is, some youngster robbed us and stole the money, but someone is already on the lookout for him, so let's wait a minute," the driver grumbled.

The two exchanged awkward nods and waited.

"..."

"..."

"..."

She sighed and said, "You two follow and find that youngster." She couldn't stand a minute and lose patience.

With a trace of worry in their eyes, the two young guys exchanged glances.

Their shady appearance caught her attention. "CB97 and I are close enough that he must have told his men to do whatever I ordered , isn't that right?"

They considered it for a moment before deciding to follow the lady's instructions. In response to the lady, they nodded. (A/N: Because this section was unplanned and I simply went with the flow, the writing is awkward and poor.)

"Bongsan dong..."

With his phone, Minho stood in front of the frightening abandoned village. The GPS informed him that he had arrived at his location.

"Is this really the right place?" he pondered, taken aback by his surroundings.

Minho had missions here in Bongsan-dong since he was 11 years old. This place had a lot of lively people and delicious food. What's happening now?

Empty buildings, dead trees, deserted roads, damaged homes, and a thick mist with a bright round moon. This place is eerily quiet. Who in their right mind would want to live in this place?

Minho would be lying if he said he wasn't scared to this lonely, dark place.
.
.
.

"Minho, you're going to bongsan-dong with Changbin and Seungmin. It's a coincidence that Ms.Park gave the location with the same place where 'han jisung' lives but fortunately you guys are 2 blocks away. That place is totally wrecked and dark so don't let your guard down." Bangchan explained with a serious look in his face.

(This a flashback by the way)
.
.
.

"Oh Fuck it," Minho exclaimed as he began looking for Ji's home.

Houses are in chaos, just as chan said, so finding 'his' home should be simple.

The place was in shambles. The town had been wrecked and vandalized. Garbage everywhere, broken glasses scattered and rats squeaking can be heard.

Minho found the location in less than ten minutes and began gazing at it.

It has an old rusty wooden door, a rotten banana peel, cockroaches, broken windows, cobwebs, an ancient looking tiny wooden cabinet, and a stinky old mattress.

"Ew," he murmured, his face contorted with disgust.

He approached the cabinet and crouched to meet the small cabinet's level. Minho put on a pair of black gloves he had in his pockets.

He carefully opened a drawer, revealing garbage and other items. 'Jeez, a cabinet isn't the same as a trash can. This will trigger Seungmin if he was here haha'

Minho has seen a number of situations like this. It's possible that anything is hiding in that heap of garbage.

As boredom overtook Minho, he murmured, "Haaa, let's see..." and hummed. He removed all of the waste until there was none left. There were four items hidden in the trash.

He took the cutter and the knife out with a blood stain on it and put it down aside.

He picked up the pistol with not a single bullet in it and tossed it on the ground. He pondered, "How could he even get a pistol here in Korea?"

The only thing left is a keychain with a quokka on it. "HAHA, what a weird guy." He laughed.

"Why? What's wrong with my keychain, huh?" An unknown voice replied.

To be continued...

Started: May 29,21
Ended: March 18,22

Comments and votes are appreciated!