Chapter 10 - Mission start

"Welcome to Straykids, Jisung. Welcome to your new home." With a big smile, the boys greeted him properly this time.

"Now that you're now our family, shall we introduce ourselves? The oldest goes first, yeah?" Felix suggested as they all agreed.

"The name's Christopher bhang or Bangchan, 23 years old, I'm the leader in this group, I specialize In fighting and I'm in charge financially." With confidence, Chan introduced himself in English. Jisung acted like he understood as he just nodded

But Jisung noticed something. "Are you australian?"

"You got the hint! I lived there during my childhood. How'd you know?"

"I don't know, the accent is... familiar." Jisung is confused, wondering why it sounded familiar. He had never met an Australian before, but he brushes it off.

"Lee Minho, 22." Minho cut in the conversation.

Seungmin rolled his eyes. "Jeez you don't have to make it that long."

"I guess it's my turn now. My name is Seo Changbin, 21 years old, I'm quite a fighter myself and I'm in charge in drug dealings. I'm also helping with Chan hyung's work." And the introduction continues.

"Hwang Hyunjin's my name, same age as changbin, I'm the sniper in the group."

With an obvious excitement on his face, it looked like he has been waiting for his turn to introduce. "HI! MY NAME IS FELIX OR LEE YONGBOK! OR WHATEVER. IT'S SO NICE TO MEET YOU!" He grabbed Jisung's hand and shook it rapidly. "I, I'm in charge of conning people but I'm for real happy to see you. Can I have your autograph later?!"

Seungmin stepped in. "Ok felix calm down." He unlinked their hands. "Sorry about that, he's usually like this but you'll get used to it."

'get used to it my ass. He's like an annoying mosquito.' Jisung and Seungmin thought the same thing.

"I'm Seungmin by the way, I'm 21 years old and I con people too. I'm a spy, I work with the police. I'm also the hacker of the group"

Jisung interrupted, "Aren't you all worried he might side with justice?" They all had a worried look on their faces, not knowing what to say.

"Me? Side those people?! Those fucking police killed my parents."

"Ah..."

Jeongin stepped in. "Ok now now calm down kids, be quiet and listen. Yang Jeongin, 19 years old and I'm the true leader of the group." He said with a smug face.

They all went quiet and suddenly, a scary powerful bgm started playing.

"..."

Jisung broke the silence. He went to Jeongin and pinched his cheeks. "What a cute terrifying boss you are~ yu jwust a cyut bweybi~"

"K, I lied, I'm a former doctor, I take care of their injuries and I also hack, now stop it." Jeongin slapped Jisung's hands away his face with a deadpan look.

"Doctor and a hacker? Oh you must be smarty smarty."

"Oh babe, I am. I was the world's youngest doctor and I was one of the top three doctors! I could be your physician, dentist, surgeon, you name it."

"If you're so great, why join the Mafia?"

The moment he asked that question, they all looked away as the atmosphere quickly became awkward.

Jeongin hesitated but he decided to tell his story. "My parents... My parents pushed me in becoming a doctor because they were also successful doctors... I've had advance lessons ever since I was 8, so medical college is useless to me. My parents also thought of making me something other than a medical doctor, such as psychologist or a dentist. I've had so many to learn that I had headaches from time to time."

He took a moment to prepare himself. "When I was 16, I had my first time performing surgery... I still don't why but when I see a stranger with their blood, I get so scared. I ruined my performance... My parents was so angry to me that they had me under house arrest with silence treatment and no food. No offense to you but they were psychos and I couldn't handle it, I ran away through my window and slept in the streets. A few days, Chan hyung's parents found me and they took me in."

'We're... the same' Jisung thought and made a unnoticeable frown. "I just want you know that I asked for a reason, not your background story. That was boring... Now I'm sleepy, where's my room?" He shamelessly yawned.

"Oh... Ahaha you're right, how could I say something sad to a happy day like this. Ahaha silly me." Jeongin laughed it off. "Let me lead you to the room."

The other boys showed no anger or sadness but they were disappointed in their selves. What did they expect? They took in a psychopath who shared no emotions.

Clearly, there's no hope in fixing Jisung but it was too early to give up, they will fix Jisung for the sake of the mission!

"Is this all you got?! You can't even shoot the target" Jisung received another slap from his father.

He could have shoot the target so easily but the hits he received from his father made his hand shake and his sight blurry.

"Nnngh papa sorry hwhhaaaa..." Jisung cried as tears fell endlessly.

"Stop fucking crying. And I told you to call me father." He pulled the boy's hair and hit his face on the wall. It hurt so much that you could hear the "thud" in the other room.

The pitiful boy who was full of blood on his face looked at the woman who was standing by the door with a blank expression, watching his son getting beaten up. "Can you hurry? We have to go visit Antonov." She looked at her watch. "And don't make Jisung's wounds so visible."

"Mama please help me whaaaaa I don-" He haven't even his sentence, his father hit him again in the wall. "I said stop crying."

Little Jisung gave up and suddenly, he heard a door click as if someone went to the room.

Door click?

Immediately Jisung woke up and took his gun under his pillow and pointed at the figure who was at the door.

Changbin took his hands in the air. "Woah... Good morning to you too."

Jisung realized he had another nightmare again, "What do you want?" He asked while lowering his gun.

"Boss wants to talk to you."

To Be Continued...

Comments and votes are appreciated!

———

The member's backstory will be revealed in some chapters... Ahaha I'm dead💀 I love kids with trauma.