Part 8 - Silver's Omniscient, Apparently

"Why hasn't anything happened yet?" Sonic asked out loud to himself.

He and Tails sat back-to-back on a table as Sonic idly swung his foot in the air and Tails worked on his scanning device.

"Maybe Silver's right..." The fox muttered, too absorbed in his contraption to really converse.

"Well of course he's right, he's from the future and knows what'll happen. I just wish he could tell us." Sonic leaned forward and put his head in his hands.

"Me too, Sonic..." Tails handed him his ear piece. "But maybe Shadow can. Knuckles sent him to spy on Eggman."

Smiling, Sonic took the earpiece and put it on.

"-Exploded. The Zetis are now in the facility, and-!" Shadow was midway through a sentence before he went silent and a quiet explosion could be heard from his end.

"What was that?" Sonic asked, joining the conversation.

"Eggman's Mech-suit that he was using the Phantom Ruby to power just exploded!" Rouge was watching through Shadow's spy visor, apparently. "The ruby was completely unharmed!"

"Do you think Infinite had anything to do with it?" Sonic asked, swinging his legs over the edge of the table excitedly.

"Well, assuming Eggman hasn't diffused him from the ruby already..." Rouge's assumption was interrupted by Shadow's voice. "The Zetis have the ruby! Eggman's fled the warehouse!"

"Should we intervene?" Sonic asked cautiously.

Everyone awaited the white time-travelers' answer.