Chapter 23: Home Sweet Home

A.N: I don't like how I've written this chapter and feel like it's not very good but here we go. This is, as well, the final chapter to this story to which I hope you guys have enjoyed. I apologise sincerely at how long this has taken me to write and for how sloppy and cringy my writing for this book has been as well. I do plan on re-writing this so any constructive criticism would be helpful. I have already got a short list but I'd also appreciate your feedback too :)

Word Count: 787 words

The flight back home was quiet. The whole team wanting nothing more then to relax. Natasha and Clint remaining in the cockpit co-piloting the quinjet as they usually do. Steve periodically wondering over to the pair to see how they were doing. Bruce remained by himself although he did keep close to Brook incase she needed anything. Him being the doctor of the group. Pretty much everyone did their own thing on the flight home, with the exception of Tony and Pietro who sat either side of Brook.

It was also then that Tony realised Brook and Pietro's feelings for each other. Well... and the whole team. The ones that didn't know about it already at least.  "How long have you two been... a thing?" He questioned after a short pause, using his hands to gesture to the pair of them.

Brook had her head resting on Pietro's shoulder. Some of the team looked over at the mention of the question but kept silent not wanting to interrupt.

Pietro looked down at Brook before glancing to Tony, however, it was Brook who answered. "Since before all this happened." She replied quietly as she yawned, referring to the ordeal she's just been through, well... everyone.

Tony just sat there, dumbfounded, he had noticed the pair getting close but thought nothing of it. "Dad are you okay with that?" Brook questioned a moment later when Tony didn't reply.

Nat could hear the conversation from her place in the cockpit and glanced over her shoulder to listen more. Clint noticed this but didn't say anything. Steve, Bucky, Wanda and Bruce all glanced to Tony as well, waiting expectantly for the avenger's answer.

Tony looked up at his prying teammates before turning back and answering. "Yeah I'm okay with it." He spoke, although he'd have to admit it'll take him some time to get use to the pair being together.

"Thank you." Brook mumbled in responce. Closing her eyes the young Stark adjusted herself before resting her head back on Pietro's shoulder and drifting off to sleep. Pietro subconsciously wrapped his arms around her as she did so. He too thanked Tony, although he mouthed the words. Tony gave an awkward smile back.

------------

"There you go Brook, you're all done." Bruce smiled as he stepped back to allow the kid off the table. The moment the plane landed and Brook had some time to sleep in her own room, Bruce called her into the med bay for a health check to see if everything was okay. Thankfully it was.

Writing down whatever he needed to on his clipboard he turned back to Brook as she spoke. "Even my mind, that's okay? It feels like it's fine but..." She questioned. She knew physically she was all good but she just wanted to make sure mentally she was too.

Bruce nodded. "Yep." He replied. "Whatever he did appeared to do the trick." Brook smiled at this. "At least as far as the scans will show me."

"Of course her mind is fine, I fixed it." Came a voice from the door. The pair turned upon hearing the voice, only for Bruce to roll his eyes and Brook smiled.

"Thank you for that by the way." The young Stark said gratefully. Loki smiled and nodded his head.

"It was my pleasure, now come on, my brother has set a bet between you and Barnes." The trickster explains as he drags Brook out of the med bay and towards the training room.

Giving Bruce a quick wave as they left, Brook raised an eyebrow at the God as she turned back to him. "Why?" Was all she could think of to ask.

Loki chuckled. "Because I said you beat him back at the base and Thor doesn't believe me."

"As long as Bucky is fine with all of this." She shrugs. Loki nods. "So who did you bet on?"

"You." He said with an obvious tone. "So you better win again."

"Yes sir." Brook laughed while giving Loki a mock salute. Loki rolled his eyes in responce. With that the pair wondered off to the training room.