The Call

Chi Yun woke up to the bright sun shining through his window. "Darn it, I must have forgotten to close the curtains last night."

Chi Yun and the rest of the Beylin Temple were now officially on break for the summer to enjoy. Chi Yun got dressed in his new outfit and was ready to have a day battling with his team mates, but first he had to get a filling breakfast from his parents, or they would not let him go until his body was nourished with some food.

Chi Yun walked out to the smell of fried eggs and sausage. "Good morning Chi Yun, how was your night?" Chi Yun's father asked while looking at a book called "Financing: The Expert Facts"

"It was well I guess. Well, I did not remember my dreams."

"Breakfast is ready." Chi Yun's mother said, putting the plates filled with food on the table.

They ate breakfast, talking of random things.

Ring ring! Suddenly the phone rang. "Hm, no one usually calls at this time." Chi Yun's father got up and stared at the phone. "It appears to be a number from Japan. I'll bet it is one of your friends, Chi Yun."

Chi Yun nodded and walked over to the phone. "Chi Yun, you answer the phone please." Chi Yun nodded at his father and pressed the talk button on the phone.

"Hello? Yes ma'm. This is Chi Yun. What?"

Chi Yun gasped at the explanation. His stomach began to feel like it was in an infinite knot that could never be undone. A great feeling of loss and emptiness hung in his heart. His parents stopped eating for a moment and looked over at Chi Yun.

"I'll see if I-I can make it. I'll be there as soon as I can get - get there, yes. I understand."

Chi Yun hung up, slamming the phone down on its charger.

"Chi Yun, what it?" his mother asked.

Chi Yun shook his head. "It's Kara."