Day 15

He's gone now and you're not quite sure what to do with yourself. Wishing he'd slept in your bed more so you could smell him on the pillows.  Wishing you could turn back time and relive the last two weeks while wanting to fast forward to a time you could see him again all at the same time.

You wished you'd asked more questions before he left, but at the time you didn't want to do anything but kiss him. To memorise his taste and remember his smell so that they would bring you right back to that spot if you ever encountered them in the future. Reminded of your time together.

You've stopped crying now, actually considering watching the Gossip Girl DVDs Rachel had left by your door with a note that read:

For when you miss him. Just think, he could have had Leighton Meester but he still picked you xx

You're about to start the first series on the sofa downstairs when your phone starts to ring, your heart sinks low and fast when it's not his name on the screen.

"Hello?"

"Hello, is that Y/N?" You think you recognise the voice, but you're not sure.

"Yes, it is."

"I'm just giving you a call as we've found something in the room that belongs to you and we'd like to return it."

"Oh, okay. What is it?" You ask, sitting up now as you study the DVD case.

"Oh we don't like to have a nosey, but Mr Stan has promised us it's yours. Would you like me to get it dropped off for you?"

"Uh, okay, yes. Please." You give him your address trying to think what you might have forgotten.

You're about twenty minutes into the first episode of Gossip Girl before there's a knock at the door. The tiles in the hallway are cold against your feet as you go to answer.

"Hello, Y/N?"

"Yes, that's me." It's Pete but he's not wearing his uniform today, still in a suit. The tones of grey don't match with a weak, almost silvery, pinstripe down the legs of his trousers.

He passes you a paper bag and his hands shake slightly.

"Thank you." You say with a smile as he tips an invisible hat before leaving.

You go back into the living room, peeking at the contents. There's an envelope on top of a folded t-shirt. 

To my favourite tour guide.

Now it's your hand that shakes as you try to open it, slipping your thumb under the seal and ripping it as you push against the paper.

It's the note you find first.

Y/N,

Thank you for the best two weeks. I'm going to miss you and I can't imagine not having you around the corner from me.

The shirt is yours, as soon as you wore it I could only see you in it.

This is also yours, you don't have to use it. I would love it if you did, but I know you have your course. No pressure. Whatever you decide to do won't change how I feel about you.

Things are so much easier to say on paper. I'm sure my goodbye sucked. I'm sorry. I just really didn't want to say it.

I hope I get to see you again soon.

Seb x

There's something else in the envelope, folded with a perfect crease in its centre.

Liverpool (LPL) - Paris (CDG)
Seat 10A

Gate closes: 6:00
Departure time: 6:30

You hear the front door open and close as you just stare at the ticket. Dated for Sunday, it left you with two days to make a decision. Well, today, really. So then you could spend tomorrow packing and getting an early night if you decided to go. Then you'd need to ask Chloe for a lift to get there on time without relying on late trains and no shows.

"Y/N?" It's Chloe, following the sound of the TV.

"Yeah?"

She comes in, wary and full of pity as if you'd start crying at any point.

"You okay?" You move your hand so she can see the printed ticket. "What's that?" Chloe asks, coming to sit on the arm of the sofa next to you.

"It's a ticket. To Paris."

"You're going right?" You look at her a bit blankly, mind racing with reasons not to but your heart pounding with excitement. "Please tell me you're going. This is a no-brainer."

"My course, Chlo."

"Can be done remotely." She says, taking the ticket from you. "Sunday?!"

"Yeah."

"You have to. Even if to just get some answers." She's excited, voice almost squeaking as she talks. "I'll take you to the airport."

"Chloe, it's at six in the morning."

"So?"

"I don't think you've ever seen a sunrise." You say, taking the ticket from her so you can make sure it's real. "Without alcohol."

"This is a good reason to. I'm taking you."

She stares at you now, studying your face as you can't take your eyes off the ticket.

"What's this?" Chloe asks, grabbing something from the bag.

It's his t-shirt, unfolding itself as she pulls it up into the air. Grey and plain with a few tiny holes around the hem. You weren't sure if they were part of the design or if he'd tumble dried it even when the label told him not to.

You could smell him on it as Chloe threw it back into the bag.

"That's his t-shirt." You say with a smile.

"Oh. Okay. So are you going?"