Chapter 2

In a daze, I found my way back inside the house. I barely registered the fact that my brother was talking to me until he waved a hand in front of my face. "Hellooooearth to Annaaa" he sang annoyingly.

  I swatted his hand away and glared at him. "What?" I asked impatiently.

  "I was trying to tell you about the new anime I started watching" he mumbled, rolling his dark brown eyes.

  Matt was only 12, but he had a passion for all things anime and Fortnite. We are only three and a half years apart, but we have always been told we look a lot like each other. With our tan skin, chocolate-brown curly hair and dark eyes, it's pretty easy to tell we're related. The only notable difference between us is that I have green flecks in my eyes, which I got from my dad. The rest of our traits mostly came from our mom.

  My gaze softened, and I sighed. "I'm sorry Matt. Maybe we can watch it together later?"

  His face lit up in excitement. "Sure!" he replied. I smiled at him and left the room.

  Grabbing my laptop. I made my way up to my room to do some research. After closing the door, I plopped down on my bed and began quickly typing. "Richard Miller..." I mumbled as I entered his name into the search bar.

  After about an hour of stalking websites and Facebook pages, I had found nothing. Richard seemed very good at keeping a low profile, which definitely was a bit suspicious.

*******

  As promised, I watched the anime Matt had been so excited about, which surprisingly wasn't too bad. Rosie, my five year old sister, decided to join us and made comments about how she wanted to play volleyball too, like the "orange haired boy".

  Eventually the hours dragged on and when the moon hung high in the sky, I laid still, yet fully awake. The excitement of the past day was keeping my mind very active. The more I thought about everything Sophie had told me, the more anxious I felt myself become.

  Everything I had read about in those books was true.

  I had been reading about the past few years of elven history, even if only through Sophie's point of view.

  And now, I was involved with the Black Swan. This will automatically make me an enemy to the Neverseen.

  Would they hurt my friends and family if I did something they didn't like?

  Knowing how they are, based on what I've seen (well, read), those murderers definitely would. They've proven themselves to be ruthless and determined to get what they want... no matter the cost.

  All I can do now is help the Black Swan in whatever way I can, and hope that someday soon, the world will be safe from the threat of the Neverseen.

  Tomorrow, I'm going to ask Mr. Richard for that interview.