Chapter 4

Two days.

  I have two days left until the 'interview' , I thought while applying some eyeliner.

  At this point, I was almost certain that Mr. Richard was a member of the Neverseen. He just seemed... suspicious. There's still a chance I was wrong, but at this point the odds are probably stacked against it. 

  Soon I was going to meet Sophie, Biana, and Keefe at the park (and probably Sandor, because he 'goes where Sophie goes').

  I examined my outfit in the mirror. I was wearing my favorite yellow tank top, paired with white shorts and sneakers.

  "Mom!! I'm going to the park!" I called on my way out the door.

  "OK! DON'T GET KIDNAPPED!!" she yelled back from somewhere else in the house. I chuckled and headed out.

  Grabbing my helmet, I hopped onto my bike and peddled down the street.

  After a few minutes, I arrived at Blue Creek Park. Inhaling the perfume of the blooming flowers,  I took in the scenery around me as I parked my bike in the bike rack. The stony path in front of where I stood led to a secluded clearing sprinkled with a few picnic tables. The area was empty, as usual, so I sat down at one of the tables and waited for the elves to arrive.

  Within a couple of minutes, they appeared only a few feet in front of me. They're probably using an Obscurer, I thought. "Hi guys!" I greeted.

  "Wait, where's Biana?" I asked as Sophie and Keefe and sat down across from me. Sandor stationed himself a few feet behind them.

  They looked at each other, and I became confused. But before I could ask what was going on, Biana appeared next to me on the bench, causing me to yelp and nearly tumble off of it. They all began laughing, and I realized I was not a fan of Biana being able to scare me at any moment.

  Biana stuck out her hand. "Sorry about the scare. It's a pleasure to meet you, Anna."

  I laughed as I shook her hand. "Don't worry about it. It's a pleasure to meet you as well."

  The elf looked like a model, with her shiny dark waves and teal eyes. I made a mental note to ask her for makeup tips sometime.

  "Ok, let's get started," Sophie said while whipping out a notebook.

  We brainstormed for about an hour and a half, and came up with some good ideas (and constantly reminded Keefe that questions about "The Hair" and the "Ballad of Bo and Ro" aren't helpful). The conclusion was made that the best approach to getting information was asking questions that weren't too obvious, and watch Richard's reactions closely to see what he secretly knows, if anything. 

  "Alright hear me out," Keefe started. "What if you asked Mr. Grumpy if he's ever heard about The Great Gulon Incident?" Everyone paused, considering it.

  Sophie spoke up first. "I don't think that would be the best question to ask. Would the Neverseen even know what that is?"

  "They should, everyone knows about the legendary Great Gulon Incident!" Keefe replied smugly.

  "I still don't." Sophie mumbled.

  Biana, oblivious to Sophie's remark, continued to brainstorm. "Anna, you could ask Richard if he's ever heard of Foxfire. If he says he hasn't and asks what it is, you could say it was just a prestigious private school during the time."

  "That's a good idea!" I grinned. Sandor nodded in agreement.

  "Another one for the books. Write that down Foster!" Keefe commanded, elbowing Sophie.

  Sophie laughed and rolled her eyes, already jotting it down.

  "I think we've come up with enough questions." Sophie said, holding up her full page of writing. She then ripped it out and handed it to me.

"Don't you need a copy of it?" I asked.

"I already have one," Sophie said, pointing to her head. "Photographic memory, remember?"

"Oh yeah, I forgot about that." I nodded in realization.

We all said our goodbyes, and then the elves, with Sandor, light leaped away.

I studied the page of notes for a moment, before neatly folding it up and slipping it into my pocket.

I was just turning to leave when I caught sight of it.

Hidden in the tree line, a dark figure stood....

...watching me.