Chapter 5

Neverseen

  It had to be.

  Who else would be creepily watching me from behind a tree?

  I was frozen, until the figure moved.

  Realizing I had seen them, they slunk back into the shadows, and disappeared.

  Suddenly my feet were dashing toward my bike, and looking over my shoulders one last time, I hopped on it and sped back to my house.

  "Hey kiddo, what's got you so spooked?" Dad asked from behind the counter.

  "Oh uh, it's nothing." I replied, and ran up to my room before he could ask any more questions.

  "Pick up....please pick up" I whispered to the Imparter.

  "Is everything alright?" Sophie asked after her face appeared on the screen.

  "Not really." I answered bluntly. I then explained what I saw, and with each detail, Sophie looked increasingly concerned.

  "Well this isn't good, but it also means we have a lead. However it will make your job a bit more dangerous, since we know for sure who we're dealing with."

  I nodded. "I had already assumed Richard was probably Neverseen, so I guess this just solidifies it."

  "We don't know for sure if that was really him there today, but seeing as things are seeming to point to it, it's definitely probable. I will let Forkle know about this as soon as possible. Be careful and watch your back. I'll see if Dex can make you something for self protection." Sophie informed.

  I got excited at the thought of getting my own insanely awesome gadget from Dex.

  I thanked Sophie, and ended the call.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

  The next morning, I hurriedly got ready and zoomed downstairs to grab some breakfast.

  I didn't know when whoever was coming to give me Dex's inventions would arrive, but I wanted to be prepared.

  Dad had asked me to water the plants again, so I grabbed the hose and walked toward the garden.

  How ironic would it be if they just appeared in front of me like before—

  I barely finished the thought before three elves glittered into view a few feet in front of me.

  "You're Anna right?" Dex asked, smiling enough for his dimples to be seen. His strawberry-blond hair was a bit disheveled, and his periwinkle eyes looked a bit tired. I wondered how late he was up making the gadget for me.

  "Yep that's me. And you're Dex right?" I replied.

  He laughed. "I almost forgot you already know us. That's pretty weird, but cool!"

  I nodded and turned to the other two elves standing beside him.

  They both looked extremely alike, with their pale blue, silver flecked eyes and dark, silver-tipped hair.

  I felt my smile grow and my cheeks warm. "You guys are Tam and Linh Song! You guys are both awesome!!"

  "All three of you are; your abilities are incredible!" I added when Dex looked a bit uncomfortable.

  "Thanks!" Linh and Dex said at the same time. Tam just nodded, in his slightly cold yet super attractive way. Wait what?

  My heart sped up and it took nearly all of my self control to not gawk at him, and study all of his handsome features. Stop staring at Tam and focus Anna!!