CHAPTER 5

Taehyung's POV

47 MINUTES BEFORE.

"Taehyung-ah, are you there", someone yelled from outside,

I stood on my feet and opened the door.

It was her, the last person I was expecting, my step-mom. 

She swiftly said, "Please do me a favor,"

I sighed. What a shameless women she was. 

She could not bear any child of her own and neither carried out the responsibilities of a mother towards us. After my mom died, I expected her to give us the soft ray of ease

But, she never came.  She completely ignored us and I was convinced that all she wanted was fame and money.

I pity my father to bring a woman like her into his life.  Even if she didn't exist, it would not have made much a difference.

Because she never cared enough.

She was cunning and she knew how to work and make money.  She handles quite a few business streams of our family. 

And she was flawless at it.

Even though my mother pretended to be just fine with her, I knew she used to weep in silence. Not once, not twice, numerous times.

She rarely asks me anything or I should say she rarely talks to me.

I was unable to deny her, so I just did what she asked me to do.

She wanted me to pick up some documents for her. According to her, they were too vital for the launch of the new medicine.

As if I care. 

I just want to get this day over soon. 

Oh wait, it is already, its past 12 'o' clock.

Reaching the facility, I bumped in to someone. A slender body with curves, dressed in all black.

Elegant

That petite girl, had beat the doctor to pulp. I felt two things. 

Something different and Something wrong.

Pinning her, against the wall, making sure she is immobile, I asked her motive. She was completely Brazen and fearless and I sniffed something, 

The Odor of Sanctity.

Fascinating.

"Its not necessary to make right decisions every time."

She screamed.

Those words, kept ringing in my ear.

 My face went pale and instantly my muscles went feeble. My grasp on her became unsteady. I couldn't get a hold of myself. My mom's face was vivid in my memory

This girl, does she know about my mom, or this is just a fantasy, or maybe a coincidence.

Out of the blue, I felt anguish and the next thing I knew I was lying on the floor. Realization dawned upon me.

I have been punched, hard.

 The girl took advantage of my loosening grip and smashed my cheeks. 

I lay there, motionless, teary-eyed, failing to recall why was I here in the first place.

My cheeks stinged but,

all I felt was the warmth of Contentment and Delight.