The middle ground

y/n: What are you even doing here?!

Harley throws y/n's sheilds back at him which he manages to catch before going on the offensive.

y/n: Come on Harley! A baseball bat against a laser disc?

y/n sweeps Quinn and holds the shield to her neck. She giggles.

Harley: Just like we used ta do it.

y/n: Yeah, just without the after sex.

Harley winks at y/n before twisting a watch like device on her wrist and disappearing, presumably back to her own universe.

y/n: Okay then...

Brock Rumlow: Come on!

Rumlow pins Steve to a building and extends a blade from one of his gauntlets.

Brock Rumlow: This is for dropping a building on my face.

Steve grabs Rumlow's arm and pulls the gauntlet off, only for Rumlow to reveal another knife. But Steve bests him. Defeated, on his knees, Rumlow removes his mask, revealing a scarred face.

Brock Rumlow: I think I look pretty good, all things considered.

Steve Rogers: Who's your buyer?

Brock Rumlow: You know, he knew you. You pal, your buddy, your Bucky.

Steve Rogers: What did you say?

Brock Rumlow: He remembered you. I was there. He got all weepy about it. Till they put his brain back in a blender. He wanted you to know something. He said to me, "Please tell Rogers. When you gotta go, you gotta go." And you're coming with me.

He activates his bomb vest and Steve flinches as Rumlow's armor ignites, but Wanda keeps the blast contained around Rumlow who grimaces in agony. She lifts him into the air before she loses control, and the explosion finally blossoms, devastating entire floors of a nearby office building. Wanda sees what happened and is scarred by it.

Steve Rogers: Oh my...

Steve stares up.

Steve: Sam, Pietro... we need... fire and Rescue... on the south side of the building. We gotta get up there.

Wanda is devastated.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

At the Avengers Compound; y/n and Pietro catch Wanda watching a news report on the Lagos attack and how they blame her for it.

News Anchor #1: 11 Wakandans were among those killed during a confrontation between the Avengers and a group of mercenaries in Lagos, Nigeria, last month. The traditionally reclusive Wakandans were on an outreach mission in Lagos when the attack occurred.

King T'Chaka: Our people's blood is spilled on foreign soil. Not only because of the actions of criminals, but by the indifference of those pledged to stop them. Victory at the expense of the innocent, is no victory at all.

News Anchor #1: The Wakanda king went on to-

Steve, who was watching the news, turns his computer off, but sound drifts toward him from another room.

News anchor #2: They are operating outside and above the international law. Because that's the reality, if we don't respond to acts like these.

Wanda is sitting on her bed, watching the news on her TV with Pietro rubbing her back supportively whilst y/n leans on her desk and watches her concernedly.