Chapter 3: All About The Past

I looked around at my surroundings, completely unaware of where I was. My head was in a lot of pain too. I looked to my right after hearing a loud snort. Next to me in a bed was somebody I barely recognised from last night, Damien. I noticed my lack of clothing and it didn’t take me long to figure out what had happened. Something terrible. 

I gently lifted the blanket from my body and grabbed the pile of clothing strewn next to the bed. I slipped on my clothing. I grabbed my shoes and quickly ran for, in a hope he would not wake up and gloat about apparently how good he was. Although, I didn’t have a recollection of the previous night and I wasn’t sure whether to be glad or not. 

As I left the room with a sigh of relief, I made the realisation that I was in a hotel. As I began to walk down the hallway, I heard a bang and then loud laughing behind me. I sighed to myself and turned around.  My eyes were met with two members of One Direction, Louis and Niall.

“If that isn’t the walk of shame, then I don’t know what is!”  Louis laughed.

“Yeah, I heard them having a great time last night. Something about being cowboys…” Niall winced.

“Leave me alone!” I croaked, clearly being cowboys had taken a lot out of me.

“Ah, we’re only kidding. Come for breakfast with us! It’s all included!” Louis smiled. He was acting as if we were good friends, perhaps we had talked last night.

“In these clothes? I think not” I protested. 

“I have some spare, if you’d like some of them?” Niall asked.

Ten minutes later, I was sat downstairs at the continental wearing a grey pair of tracksuit ends, a blue polo t-shirt and a white pair of Nike runners, all of which were slightly too big.

I took a bite of my toast and looked around at the empty room. The boys got special treatment in case they were bombarded with fans. I watched as a young woman gracefully placed a pot of tea at our table. She smiled and left. Only Louis, Niall and I were sat having breakfast as we were the only ones who stayed at the hotel, along with Damien.

They told me that I was too drunk to tell them where I lived, so we walked down the street and booked into a hotel instead. Laziness on all of their parts.

After I finished my slice of toast, I decided it was time to depart my new found friends.

“I’m off! Thanks for your generosity!” I announced.

“Hey, we’re going out tonight if you’d like to hang out? I’m sure it’d be great fun.” Niall smiled.

“Sounds great, just text me.” I smiled back.

* * *

I slipped on my clean underwear  and then threw on a pair of navy jeans, my black tank top and a grey sweater. I gently pushed my feet into my white dolly shoes and felt complete. I patted my long bleached blonde hair and finally felt ready. 

I grabbed my jacket, keys and handbag then left the house. I made my way down the old stairs, holding onto the rickety banisters. When I got to the end of the stairs I padded gently along the floor, as I knew my ground neighbour could be quite narky. I tugged roughly on the door, in an attempt to open it. After it finally swung open, I made my way down the street in order to catch a bus to get to the pub where my new friends were waiting.

I couldn’t keep the smile off of my face as I thanked the bus driver for the ticket. He stared at me funnily, then looked to the next in the queue. I didn’t care if he thought I was cuckoo, all I cared about that I was finally leaving the house for something other than work. I sat alone, as the bus was quite empty.