Chapter 16: Journey

Authors Note: As of 08/10/2013 this chapter has been edited.

---------------------------------------------------------

“Oh God! Niall this is so exciting! I’ve never been in first class, ever!” I screamed with joy, as I trudged down the large aisles carrying my hand luggage.

“You didn’t want to come a few hours ago…” Niall sighed, rather loudly.

A beautiful fresh-faced hostess pointed us towards our two large seats, or in other words, two sofas. You could have easily fitted a family on each. I cushioned myself into the cosy airplane seats. I buckled myself in and I was ready to go.

“We won’t be taking off for a while, so you don’t exactly need that.” He said as he pointed towards my newly buckled seatbelt.

What was wrong with him? He was acting really grouchy and it really wasn’t like him. I was hoping he wasn’t regretting inviting me on the trip.

He was right about what he had said, I didn’t want to go. I was scared it would be too uncomfortable. Having to spend so much time with him, I didn’t know if I could contain my feelings. From the way he has acted with me, it was obvious that he was a typical boy. He didn’t care that he had a girlfriend, all he cared about was that he got whatever he wanted.

I decided to attempt to forget my sorrows and closed my eyes tightly. I must have somehow dropped off, next thing I knew I was being shaken awake by Niall and we were flying high in the air.

A perky air hostess was holding two glasses of champagne, as she waited to hand them to us. Niall shuffled in his seat as she passed his to him.

“Compliments from the pilot. He’s glad you chose to fly with us.” She smiled.

I accepted it generously as she happily handed it over. I turned to Niall waiting for him to speak.

“Ah! Cheers!” Niall replied, with a large grin on his face.

We both clinked glasses and smiled at each other. I could get used to this type of thing. I noticed he was no longer in a bad mood with me, as he grabbed the iPod laying on my stomach and began scrolling through it. I watched his facial features intently as he scrolled through the many different artists.

I couldn’t help but feel so absorbed by what he was doing. He looked total perfection, even as he scrunched up his face. He brought his hand up to my face and plucked one of the earphones out of my ear and placed it in his own. He held his champagne in one hand as he picked a song for us to listen to.

I heard the strumming of the guitar and immediately knew what song he had picked, I looked up and smiled towards him. He had a twinkle in his eye and smiled towards me.

“I love this song.” I smiled.

“I know you far too well, Izzy. That’s why we’re besties.” Niall boasted.

* * *

We walked happily in towards our hotel room, which we’d be sharing for the next couple of days. The hotel we were staying at was pretty posh, so it meant that we didn’t have to carry our own bags to the room.

I flopped down on the first bed I spotted and automatically claimed it. I heard Niall do the same. I pushed myself up and looked around the medium-sized room that we’d be staying in. Situated in the corner of the room was a brown leathered chair. Beside that sat two smaller chairs, with a table situated in between them. On the wall across from our beds, was a flat screen television sitting perfectly on the wall. Sat underneath that was a large desk, along with different items sat on top of it.