Chapter 19 (Part One): Niall, Wait Up!

“Niall!” I called after him, as he rushed down the tangerine coloured hallway.

He continued on, either oblivious to my callings or blatantly ignoring me. I caught up to him as he reached the large brown staircase.

“Niall! Wait up!” I called again.

He turned abruptly, his face consumed with agitation.

“What’s wrong, Niall?”

“What do you think is wrong?”

We both stayed in silence, I was lost for words on what to say.

“Look, I just don’t want you to have some meaningless fling with him. You’re going to be with us for a while now and I don’t want it to become awkward. You’re both my friends and I don’t want either of you to hate each other.” He explained.

“It wasn’t like that…” I sighed.

“It sure as hell looked like that.” He turned on his heel and walked away.

“Oh, grow up Niall!” I called after him, as I followed him up the stairs and onto another hallway.

He turned back around, anger now taking in his face.

“Grow up? I think you’re the one that needs to grow up. Stop feeling so sorry for yourself and do something with your life, instead of blaming everything on everyone else.” He shouted.

I tried to gulp back the tears that were now forming on my face. I turned around, in an attempt to run away from the tears that were beginning to appear on my reddened face.

“Oh shit, Isobel. I really didn’t mean that, I was just caught in the moment! I’m so sorry!” Niall called, as he rushed towards me.

“N-no. Get off me!” I screeched.

I didn’t want to be near him after his outburst. He had angered me and I really wasn’t expecting him to say something like that.

“I’m so sorry, please, Isobel.” He began gripping me tighter, forcing me to not let go. I couldn’t resist and gradually let him wrap his arms around me tightly.

I sighed to myself at how I could easily forgive him. I just wished I didn’t like him so much, it scared me that I was falling too deeply in love with somebody who couldn’t love me back. I couldn’t help but wonder whether I purposely went for Zayn, to try and replace Niall. I just wanted him to at least speak of his girlfriend, instead of ignoring her existence.