Chapter 5: Demon Damien

It was several days before I was in contact with any of the members from One Direction.

It was a Saturday when I had a flutter of hope that I would see my new friends again. I received a text from Liam, it read as follows:

Hey! Party tonight at Harry and Louis’, feel free to join me. Just text me and I’ll give you the address! Liam x

My first instinct was to text back, until I made the realisation that Niall would be there. Would he want to see me? Would it be awkward? Maybe he wouldn’t even react? Maybe he would ignore me and pretend that nothing ever happened?

After much debating, I decided to ignore it all and send Liam a text back, to tell him I was coming. I decided I would be the mature adult, all we did was kiss. It clearly meant nothing to either of us. Okay, maybe it meant nothing to him, but it definitely meant something to me. I was beginning to feel butterflies pounce around in my stomach and I knew that wasn’t normal for me. I didn’t remember the last time I thought about someone romantically since Matthew had died. I felt my fingers begin to tremble as worry set about my body. Thinking about Matthew never did anything good for me. I squeezed my eyes shut as two fresh tears dripped down my face. I sniffed in and hoped the crying would stop. I knew what would ease my nerves, what always did.

I walked towards my cupboard and grabbed a mixer glass. I picked up the Jameson whiskey that lay along the counter. I popped the bottle open and poured a generous amount into my glass. I took a swig and gulped thirstily.

 * * *

By the time I left for Harry and Louis’ house, I had curled my hair and changed into light blue jeans and a black-buttoned up shirt, decorated with anchors. I added a large heart-shaped necklace around my neck and pulled on a navy blazer. I decided to go for a minimal luck with my make-up, using just mascara, eye shadow and lipstick.

I heard the taxi beep twice outside and knew it was time to go. I grabbed my handbag and the bottle of wine I was bringing to celebrate. I ran over towards the door and let myself out onto the stairway. I shut it hurriedly behind me and ran down the old stairs. I pulled open the paint-chipped door and spotted the taxi. After firmly closing the door, I made my way into the taxi and let the old-aged taxi man where I was headed.

He made a face towards me through the rear mirror. I guessed that he knew of the area and that it obviously wasn’t for my type of people. This made me happy as I smirked to myself through the window. His disapproving glares put me in a better mood.

When we reached the right destination, I made sure not to tip the taxi man and winked at him. I quickly figured out which door were Harry and Louis’ when I spotted Zayn outside, smoking a cigarette. He immediately waved at me with his cigarette in hand and smiled gently.

“Hi Zayn, it’s nice to see you again!” I called towards him.

“It’s nice to see you too, Izzy. Head in straight through, the guys are in there. I’ll be in in a minute, just finishing my cigarette. I wouldn’t like you to get too cold out here, eh!” He laughed.

I followed his instructions and passed him out. There was a lot of noise from all over the house, particularly from the room straight on, which I guessed was the kitchen. There was loud music coming from the room and a lot of talking.

I pushed open the door, which wasn’t shut properly and took in my surroundings. The kitchen was very large and modern. It mostly consisting of things in either silver or white, I wasn’t sure whether the house came like that or if it was carefully decorated by expensive interior designers. I walked over towards the kitchen island, which was empty except for a lot of drink bottles, some empty and some unopened, and a lot of glasses.