Sweater Weather

Drew's Point Of View
as we enter the cafe I feel the temperature change from the air conditioning. I notice Jake was affected by the cold and I nervously offer him my sweater. "Are you sure? you will be cold then" "I'll be fine Jake, you're practically shivering" I awkwardly replied.

Jake's Point of View
Wearing Drew's sweater was really amazing. But i needed to calm down otherwise i would stutter on my words again.

Drew's Point of View
I opened my camera on my phone and noticed my cheeks were bright red. I was so embarrassed which made it worse. I rested my hands on my cheeks to cover up most of it, but I knew Jake already saw and it felt really painful.

Jake's Point of View
Drew's cheeks were red, and it was obvious he was trying to cover them. I didn't want to ask if he was blushing, i think it was from the coming out. So i practically covered for him and asked if he was hot from wearing his sweater for most of the day. "Haha yea..." he said relieved.

When our drinks arrived, I saw Drew's eyes light up, it was very cute. For the past 15 minutes he appeared to be down, seeing it cheer him up was a nice feeling.

Drew's Point of View
In the corner of my eye i saw Jake look at me and smile. Sometimes him being oblivious is okay, because if Jake asked me why I was blushing I wouldn't be able to come up with my sweater being hot.

Jake looked so good in my sweater, I was hoping he would forget he was wearing it when i get driven home because seeing him comfortably wearing it was really cute.

(NO POV)
Jake and Drew talked about school, but for real for once. They didn't have to make cover ups about their Sexuality and just chatted calmly. After about 10 minutes they ended the conversation, awkwardly looking at each other and laughing a little.

After paying for each other as a thank you gesture, Drew and Jake hop in the car.

"Jake, can i ask you something?"

Jake started the car. "What is it?"

"W-When did you know you were gay?" Drew stuttered.

"Oh uhm...maybe at like 13...I knew a bit after we started hanging out"

"You did? I'm so sorry..."

"Why are you sorry?!"

"For all the dumb jokes i've made...it was stupid of me and i hope you know that i had no intentions of hurting you."

"Drew...it's okay, really! It's not your fault and i understand" Jake said cheerfully "Well, when did you know you were into guys? If you want to say it, you don't have to!"

Drew's Point of View
Jake is so sweet and kind i feel bad that i'm
not giving as much back. I smile and say

"Just after i turned 14, i didn't want it to be true, so I thought getting a girlfriend would make me stop feeling that way...it didn't work"

"Have you ever told anyone this Drew?"

"No..."

"I'm sorry.."

"It's okay"

At this time Jake was in front of my house. Thank goodness because if we still had a 5 minute drive left it would be pretty awkward...

"Thanks again, Jake"

"No, Thank YOU Drew" Jake said with a huge smile on his face.

I grab my bag and phone and close the door waving him goodbye. Jake still had my sweater on, I waited 5 minutes before texting him so he couldn't drive back to return it.

MESSAGE TO: JAKE
FROM: DREW
keep the sweater.

Jake's Point of View
As i pull up to my driveway my phone buzzes, it's Drew. 'keep the sweater.' i felt bad for forgetting i had it on but also really happy that he was letting me keep it. It smelt like Drew.

I opened the door and went upstairs. I began to snap Liam. As soon as i snapped my face he started typing.

'Isn't that Drew's sweater?'

'Yea, got cold.'

'Where did you go?'

'Iced coffee.'

'Oh, i see 😏'

'Shut up Liam we were thirsty -_-'

'Whatever you say'

I started to think about what Drew said, 'i didn't want it to be true, so I thought getting a girlfriend would make me stop feeling that way...it didn't work'

Did that mean that Drew didn't like Zoey? Henry told me he was going to tell Drew about Zoey's so called 'sugar daddy' I wonder if Drew knows about it yet...

Drew's Point of View
Today was quite a day, I was hoping Jake left my sweater on when i got a message from Liam.

'Saw that Jake has someone's sweater on'

'Oh yeah, he was shivering'

'It wasn't even that cold today, did you consider that he probably pretended to be cold for your sweater?😏'

'Liam, first of all we were in air conditioning. And Jake and I are just friends!'

'Yeah yeah...'

I bothers me that Liam lowkey knows that I like Jake, sometimes he's joking sometimes he's not.