Overwhelming Start of the Day

Drew's Point of View

"eeeee! Thank you Drew!" Jake squealed in excitement. "It's okay" I said back laughing a little at his over the top gratefulness.

"So...do you need to sit down at all? We've been walking for a bit.." Jake suggested. "I'm fine, are you tired?" I replied. "Yeah, a little haha, can we sit over there? Sorry if it's a bother..." Jake asked me looking strangely nervous. "No it's fine, take your time I want you to rest well" I assured him. We then made our way to the sofa outside of the store, Jake sat down slowly exhaling as if he was relieved.

"You alright?" I said concerned. "Yeah! Sorry am I ruining the mood?" He said anxiously. "No...it seems like something is bothering you, you know you can tell me anything Jake." I reminded him. I was really worried about him, he looked as if he was going to have a panic attack! "I-I don't know what you're talking about..." Jake tried to deny his signs of anxiety.

"Jake...something is off. I understand if you can't tell me but just know whatever is on your mind, I will listen." I sighed. "Not here...outside?" Jake said quietly.

"Okay...So uh- the thing is um" Jake stuttered, I sat beside him patiently. He then sighed "I've never really had a boyfriend or girlfriend and I'm really starting to freak out and i'm worried that i'm not enough or i'm being too greedy or if you don't find me interesting and i'm like sweating right now and i'm sorry if i'm being really dramatic!" He blurted out quickly all at once.

I froze in shock but then smiled a little. "Oh Jake" I said laughing a little. "Stop worrying so much! You're the best boyfriend I could ever ask for and...You shouldn't be concerned about all those things because I don't think any of them about you at all. You're NOT dramatic." I smiled trying to reassure him he's okay.

Jake looked at me with a subtle smile, almost as if he was starting to calm down. "What did it do to deserve you" He said under his breath. "I could say the same about you" I looked up at him as we locked eyes. I could feel his breath on my face as he leaned towards me, holding my cheek softly with his hand. Then closing the space between us with a kiss, lasting for the moment when suddenly-

"Oh my god Liam go it's the wrong time"

"What do you me-OH GO GO GO"

Assheads.

"O-oh Henry and Liam are here." Jake said awkwardly. They ruined everything! "And now we're out, sorry for interrupting you guys." Liam said sounding like he genuinely felt bad? I then sighed deeply.

"You okay?"

"Oh yeah i'm fine, thanks Jake...we should go back in, I can see them waiting for us." I said with a monotone voice. "For sure uhh...love you." He said giving me a small hug.

"Love you too."

(NO POV)
The four boys continued to walk through the mall, admiring the stores and encountering a brand new area. "Why didn't anybody tell me the arcade opened? Guys we HAVE to go in!" Henry beamed. "You know it! I'm gonna beat your ass in the arcade hoops" Liam chimed in "Stop using your height as an advantage!" Henry complained.

The two walked towards the right of the arcade, leaving Jake and Drew. "I suck at arcade games, you got any favs?" Drew said grabbing his wallet out of his pocket. "Did you just say 'favs'?" Jake laughed. "Sorry didn't realise you control my vocabulary" Drew jokingly eye rolled, making Jake smirk.

Jake's Point of View
I scanned the room for familiar games, which showed me no mercy. I settled on the few claw machines on the end of the arcade, hoping to win a candy bar for Drew.

"I'm gonna have a crack at these machines, I was a natural as kid i'll pray I still have it in me" I smiled at him "Rooting for you" He replied looking quite intrigued to watch me play.

I pulled out a quarter from my pocket and was cut off before I could slip it in "Are you sure you don't want me to give you a coin?" "Drew, it's a quarter"

I then used the joystick to manoeuvre the claw into place, last time I checked he was a sucker for Hersheys bars. I then settle on a position and let the claw drop.

I got it.

"You got it!" Drew said impressed. "Told you i'm a natural" I smirked taking out the candy bar. "Oh by the way this is for you" I lightly place it in his hand. "Wait really? No Jake you won it yourself" Drew said trying to give it back. "It's the least I can do, thank you for buying me breakfast" I explained. He gave me a soft smile, leaving my cheeks warm.

"Wow! I knew you sucked but DAMN did you do terrible" Liam teased Henry walking towards us "Like I said, it's only because you're tall!" He folded his arms. "Oh hey a claw machine, anybody got a quarter on hand?" Liam said flicking around the joystick. Drew grabbed one out of his wallet and passed it to him. "Thanks, time to destroy"

Liam looked genuinely concentrated, one move led to another and- oh.

Five of the candy bars, all in the claw leaving us all shocked. "Woah"

But his smile didn't last for long as he realised that the machine was stuck, almost like it had broke. "What? No way" Liam said mad. He walked to the side of machine and then did something stupid, he proceeded to shake the machine.

"Stop Liam! The alarm will go off!" I tried to snap him out of it.

And as I predicted, it went off. Leaving everybody else in the arcade staring right at us.

"What the hells going on?"

Dumbass.