Suspicions Getting Worse

Jake's Point of View
Drew stood smirking at me with the photo in his fist, not opened.

"Tell me what this is and I won't open it" he teasingly chuckled.

"It's a photo, it's nothing. Just give it back please"  I begged.

The most embarrassing thing about it is that I had drawn a heart around his face, I don't even know what my 14 year old self was thinking.

Suddenly, the bell rang for the next class. I put my hand out in hope he was going to give it to me. He stood there looking at his fist and to me.

Drew's Point of View
I know I should've gave it back instantly, but I was so curious why he wanted me to not see it. Looking at him he looked like he was having an anxiety attack almost. I gave it back, even though I didn't want to.

"Here, Jake...sorry" I sighed

Jake took a deep breath. "T-Thanks, Drew"

He said goodbye and went to his class. I did the same.

Jake's Point of View
If Drew saw that, I wouldn't know what to say. I'm so glad he gave it back, I didn't want him to freak out or anything. I shoved it in Drew's sweater's pocket and walked to my English room.

When I entered the room I saw that we were going to change the seating plan. I turned to my right and walked over to Luke who was talking to Stacy.

(NO POV)
"Luke! We should sit by each other!" Stacy leaned towards him smiling.

Luke was really uncomfortable, he knew Zander was already jealous of Stacy hanging around him. Jake looked at him and gave him a face of grimace.

"Sorry Stacy, but Luke and I were actually thinking it was easier for us to sit with each other, we're doing a project together" Jake quickly interrupted.

"Y-Yes that's right, i'm sorry Stacy" Luke agreed.

"Oh, okay!" Stacy passive aggressively replied.

Luke looked at Jake in relief, lip syncing the words 'thank you'.

When Jake went to sit down, the photo fell out of his pocket, falling to the ground.

Luke realised that Jake didn't notice and leaned down to pick it up for him.

Before handing it to him he curiously opened up the scrunched up photo and realised what it was. His eyes dilated from shock not knowing that Jake was in love with Drew, or if they were secretly dating.

Luke suddenly felt really bad for not minding his own business and scrunched it back up. "Jake, you dropped something from your sweater" Luke nervously stated. Jake knew exactly what it was and snatched it from his hands immediately. "S-sorry, did you open that up?" Jake stuttered. "To be honest, I did. It doesn't bother me, I won't say anything." Luke smiled.

Jake smiled nervously back, he was still not ready for people to find out his actual crush, he was just relieved that it was Luke. Luke was probably the most trustworthy friend he had.

Drew's Point of View
I checked my watch, the bell was going to ring in 2 minutes. I heard the teacher let everyone know we could pack up our books now. As i picked up all my stuff a piece of paper fell out of my notebook. I picked it up and quickly scanned what it was. When I realised that it was a sketch of Jake I did in History once, I turned bright red and scrunched it up in my fist.

Jake's Point of View
I didn't want to drop that photo again so I held it in my hand making sure the contents wasn't visible to anyone but me. Luke kept getting his books together like nothing happened, which assured me that he really wouldn't say anything. Zander really got lucky with a man like him.

The bell rang and everyone rushed out the classroom door filling the hallway with hundreds of students. I texted Drew like I did everyday.

'Ill be at your locker, probably in 5'

'Yep okay thanks lol'

(NO POV)
Jake and Drew both walked opposite directions to his locker, finally meeting up seeing that both had something in their hand. Henry and Liam walked over and looked down at both their hands. "Whats in both your hands guys" Henry said intrigued. Jake and Drew both stuttered at the same time.

"N-Nothing"

Liam and Henry smirked. They looked at eachother and nodded. Jake and Drew looked confused when all of the sudden they snatched the papers out of both hands. Henry holding Drew's drawing and Liam holding Jake's Photo.

They instantly opened them and showed each other. Jake and Drew froze.
"That's not funny guys!"
Drew said anxiously.

They had never seen Drew look so vulnerable. But they both knew what was going on. They both liked eachother but were oblivious about each others feelings.