Chapter 1 - "Morning chorus..."

Photocollage

                    Photocollage

The living room of the girls

Scene 1:

We can see a living room of a flat that is well-furnished and aesthetically decorated. A cane sofa set is kept in the middle while the background wall is full with some photo collage. There are different types of candid photographs of 5 girls. They are best friends and flatmates. Some artificial plants and artefacts are kept here and there just to emblemise the beauty of the room. It is 9 am on the clock and we can see Mukti is sitting on a single sofa, keeping her legs on the glass centre table and sipping on her steamy black coffee, flipping the pages of a magazine. Only then Aliya storms in and starts yelling.

"Today I will kill that girl. Arrrrrggg. My new Chanel Rouge Coco."

She is almost in tears. Mukti doesn't pay any heed to her whine and keeps on enjoying her morning stimulant. Aliya once again laments,

"Just look at this. She used it as a crayon. Half of its stick has vanished and this shit....She perhaps rubbed it on the ground. All dust and mud are there. Yeeeeeew."

She fists both hands and shakes them in frustration. Without looking up, Mukti mouths in an ignorant voice,

"Navya didn't do anything. Last night I was late for my performance and my hair was looking too black and dull. So, I used it in my hair to create instant streaks. Just look at this magazine. It has so many beauty hacks like these. It might be useful for you too."

Aliya gapes for a while and then asks in a surprised tone,

"Muku..your hair is so dirty! Full of mud and dust. When did you last wash your hair?"

Mukti casually slams the magazine on the table and gets up. She ruffles her hair and indifferently replies,

"Can't remember. Maybe last Sunday. But today I need a long cool water bath. Ufff it's too hot today."

As she was about to pace towards the washroom, Soha enters, drying her hands on her apron.

"You have to wait for some time. Navya is in the bathroom and she will take time."