Chapter 12 - "RJ...I love you..."

Scene 1:

"Hello, Good evening, Namaste, How are you all? This is your friend, entertainment partner and personal love guru RJ Cabir welcoming you all in his popular show, Bollywood Spice. Here we cherish some melodious Bollywood songs of the 90's to rejuvenate our memories and share your love experiences along with my love remedies. So are you all ready?.... Okay...let's take the first caller...Hello...yes...Hi...this is Cabir from Bollywood Spice. Tell us about your experience of love but before that, tell us your name."

Cabir sounds professional although his heart is throbbing in anticipation. He adjusts the headphone and eagerly waits for the caller's voice.

"Hello, Cabir. This is Navya Naveli."

The name instantly hammers Cabir's heart. He expected Riya on the line. The plan was like that only. He deliberately instructed Navya to call after hearing Riya's voice on the show. So that, Cabir can refuse her and take Navya's name. but this girl can never execute a plan properly. After getting over the initial shock, Cabir stammers out his response,

"Ye...yes, Navya. Tell me...what is your...your experience of love? And what...do...do you want to know from the lo...Love Guru?"

A soft giggling sound is heard over the call. Navya says,

"My experience of love is...he...he...well, I think it's very easy to fool men in love and they get nervous when it comes to confessing their love or proposing to their chosen one. I want to know why. Why do men fear to express their love?"

The determination in her tone makes Cabir forget the purpose of the call for a second. Like a professional RJ, he replies,

"Well, I don't think it's very easy to fool men in love. If they become fools then it means they do it purposely because they love the person genuinely and as we all know all is fair in love. Hume pyaar me bewakuf banna bhi manzoor hai. (We are ready to be fooled in love) Come to your second question... we fear to express our love because we actually fear to hear a No. Ek No humara sara sapna tod deta hai. (One No breaks all our dreams) So, it's better to be on a safe page. Ummid pe duniya kayem hain. (The world exits on hope) Let him be in hope that she may love him."

Again, a suppressed sound of chuckle comes from the other side.

"Okay...got it. So, you mean if a girl gives a green signal, then it becomes easy for a boy to confess his love, right?"

Navya asks mischievously. An affirmative reply comes out of Cabir's mouth,

"Right!"

"Very good! Riya... Over to you, Babe. I know you already gave a green signal to him and now it's time for the Love Guru to admit it."

Navya's words choke Cabir instantly...what? Riya! How did she reach Navya? What the hell is happening? Cabir meeks out,

"Riya...how? I mean...no!"

Riya's voice is heard immediately on the same line,

"What no, Cabir? You just said it gets easy for men to confess their love if women give a green signal. So, I am giving you a green signal. In fact, I am giving you the whole rainbow. Please accept my proposal. I love you."

She sounds desperate. Cabir wipes his forehead and looks at the recording crew outside of the cabin. Their faces reveal that they are enjoying this ragging and are not very interested in interrupting the show. Cabir musters his mind and replies,

"Yes, I said so but on one condition. If that man loves that woman in return. In my case, I don't love you. In fact, I love someone else. I don't know how did you get to Ms Navya but for your kind information, I love her and not you."

"Ohhh...come on! I know your plan. You just lied to get rid of me. You don't love her. She is just a friend."

Riya mouths confidently. Suddenly Cabir feels an urge to pour his heart out. It's now or never. He affirms,

"She is not just a friend. I really love her. And I am not scared of confessing it on this show."

Some seconds of silence linger on the line then a female voice reverberates through the air of the soundproof room.

"I told you RJ Cabir, it's easy to fool men in love. Okay, let me introduce myself again. I am Riya...oppos...I mean Navya Naveli. See I can be a superb ventriloquist. Even you couldn't distinguish my voice. Well, it was a dare to propose to you on your show and I did it. Yesss..."

She brags about her triumph. Cabir's jaw clenched in desperation. No one played a prank like this before with him. He asks in a grave voice,

"Was it just a dare, Ms Navya Naveli? I am still waiting for the reply of my confession."

His voice had something that makes Navya's voice shaky. She didn't expect this coming. Proposing a person on the radio like a random girl is easy and fun but accepting the proposal on AIR is difficult. She stutters,

"It was...it was..."

"It was..?"

Cabir asks again. Suddenly Navya cuts the call but not before singing the line,

"Jaanam I love you, you love me..!"

With beaming eyes and a bright smile, Cabir utters on the microphone,

"As you all heard...I found my love just now on my own show. So, I like to dedicate this song to me and Navya Naveli."

He tunes the song,

"Honthope bas tera naam hai...(Only your name is there on my lips)

Tujhe chaahana mera kaam hai...(Loving you is my only job)

Tere pyaar me pagal hu main subho shyaam...(Morning and evening I am crazy in your love)

Jaanam I love you, you love me

Jaanam I love you, you love meee...(Beloved, I love you, you love me)"

.....................................................

Scene 2:

Scene 2:

A cab pulls up in front of the entrance to South City Mall. A tall man wearing a raincoat steps out of the cab and pays the fare before making his way towards the mall's gate. After a five-minute walk, he arrives at the Aroma café, takes off his wet raincoat and hangs it on a stand. He scans the café, which is mostly empty due to the heavy rain that has been falling since morning. The man is not concerned about where he sits, as he is looking for a specific person who has invited him for coffee. As he runs his fingers through his partially moist hair, a sweet voice suddenly interrupts his thoughts from behind.

"I like the people who are punctual. You passed the test."

Author's note: Cabir and Navya's love story comes on its right track. What about Manik and Nandini. Will their story reach its destination or be lost in silly fights? Wait and watch.