Chapter 5 - "New ventures..."

Scene 1:

It's around 8:25 pm. Harshad stresses his eyes amidst the dim light of the restaurant to observe his wristwatch. He doubts it stops. Otherwise, he can't feel as he is waiting for that girl, Ms Soha Khurana like eons. Actually, he never waits for any girl. This is his unusual first time.

"Okay, Ms. I think you are testing my patience now."

Harshad mutters while rubbing his palm restlessly.

"Don't tell me she is actually not coming."

Suspicion enshrouds his mind.

"Not fair, Ms Khurana. I sincerely apologised to you."

He huffs out. Only then, a sweet voice from his behind startles him.

"That's why I came, Mr Saxena. Sincerity must be rewarded."

Harshad turns with a jerk and the sight brings an ear-to-ear smile to his face. He immediately gets up and stretches his hand to greet the person standing nearby.

"Hello, Ms Khurana. I am honoured that you have come. Please be seated."

Soha shakes hands with Harshad and smiles back. Harshad pulls back the chair and invites her to sit. Soha appreciates his etiquette and replies,

"Pleasure is mine, Mr Saxena. Sorry for keeping you wait. By the way, now I think you are convinced that I have accepted your sincere apology?"

Soha chuckles out. Harshad occupies his seat and replies with a fake serious expression,

"How can I say that? If you had accepted my apology then you wouldn't have addressed me as Mr Saxena till now. Come on, Soha, I have a name and I think it's as handsome as me."

For a moment, Soha keeps on staring at the person who is now grinning with twinkling eyes. Her chin hangs in surprise. How fast this man is! However, it doesn't make her angry anymore rather equal jest peeks in her mind. Soha controls her bafflement and replies,

"Well, the feeling is mutual. Even I have a beautiful name and I think it matches my appearance."

For a brief moment, both lock their inquisitive and mischievous eyes with each other, then split their sides.

"So, Ms Beautiful Soha and Mr Handsome Harshad; can this due proceed further and start their official date?"

Harshad sounds damn serious. Soha frowns at him with squinted eyes.

"Do you know that you are a great flirt? Official date! Really?"

Her tone is laced with amusement and surprise. Harshad grins nonchalantly and reverts,

"Thanks for the compliment and of course it's an official date. See, today we have met...officially after lots of requests and denial. It's not any professional meeting rather a friendly dinner. So, we certainly consider it an official date. But I have a question."

Soha arches her brows in a query. Harshad clears his throat and quizzically utters,

"How did you recognise me? Don't say that you caught me by my voice. That's really hard to believe."

Soha bites her lower lip and places her coy eyes at him.

"I saw your serial 'Pyaar tune kya kiya' last night and found that it is not that melodramatic as I thought."

Her words amuse Harshad instantly. He retorts with a mischievous smile,

"I hope gradually you will explore more about me. Just keep meeting me. I won't disappoint you."